Thread: The Figma toy thread.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    Oooo, thems fighting words!

Buuut you're right...

Not exactly, but I guess it is one aspect. The *groan* figmas comes form lack of control. I used to be a robot only man and that was fine with the family status quo.

Then I got my first figma, coz it was cheap and I was going through a violent schollgirl phase. Then I saw this one and head to get that coz it was a violent schooligirl with machine gun flare!! Such a wonderous thing! That didn't come until much much later, but in the meantime, I managed to getquite a few more to fill the hole. My violent schoolgirl phase progressed into violent maid phase and now I have a larger selection of FEMALE toys than I thought I would have ever had. Now with my copious Mikus, BRSs and others, I find myself wanting more.

Why would I like some unknown character with the power to command penguins who flashes too much panty for public display?Or a dog lady? Or a Sailor moon satire character?

Surely they are not all awesome? But yes, as you are finding out they ARE! DAMMIT! Oooh, this one has a tea pot, oh that one's based on japanese Yokai (a weakness of mine), oh, another BRS. Might as well complete the set. Lol

And thus it goes on.

From robot collecting to doll collecting. And lets not kid ourselves hear folks they are dolls.

Now occasionally the missus gives me the old "Creepy toy collector" look coz of all these girl toys I have now...

but I still love em.

And her I guess
    I see what you mean.

I'm trying to make myself stop now. I'm lucky I'm not a 'complete set' kind of person, my Transformers collection is so random because I just collect the random figures that I really want, there's no real connection except the majority of my figures are TF: The Movie characters because that's my favourite.

I have BRS and Dead Master should arrive on Monday and I think I'm happy with those two, I don't feel the need to collect the other BRS figures. And I have the first Miku and Append so I'm content with those two versions of Miku. We'll see how long that lasts...

When Miku Append arrived in the mail my mother called her a doll. I was like NO. THEY ARE NOT DOLLS. THEY ARE ACTION FIGURES I am sticking to that. lol

Edit: I lied already. I just preordered the tv animation version of BRS.
    Last edited by jena; 21st April 2012 at 09:38 PM.