Afternoon all,

Thought I'd share these little modifications I've made to Universe Ironhide & Ratchet in case there's others who'd like to do the same to theirs.

There are two changes, both of which are component swaps between the two toys. The first was to change the robot mode chest colour (I thought they got the colours the wrong way around as soon as I got Ratchet the other day) and the second was to change the weapon innards to make Ironhide's gatling gun look a bit more snazzy.

To swap the chest plates, here's what you do (keeping in mind I did this with them both in robot mode):

On each of the two toys, remove two screws only - the one just under the right tail light and the one just below their neck (on the same side as the other screw you're removing).

You should now be able to gently pry the right portion of the torso and arm away leaving the rest of the figure behind. You just need to then veeeery carefully (do NOT rush this part) twist the chest part off the main part of the body and then you'll be able to do the swap easy peazy.

The gun is a lot simpler and just needs to be unscrewed, have the parts swapped and put back together again. 15 minutes work all up and you'll have (imo) much better looking toys. Enjoy!