Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Universe Classics Pics

ironhide's design was based on today's modern vehicles

What does Dx Ravage look like?
    And which Soundwave does he fit into?

He's my first and favourite TF...
    Which brings us to where we are today...

Lots of happy news

Yeah, all good news!

I'm just hoping we get the obligatory Ironhide/Ratchet repaint now too. To think I was looking at >$200 purchases of 2005 Botcon Ironhide & Ratchet.

I think Evac and Springer is pretty cool too. Between him and the 2007 Botcon version, we have all three modes!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutsman Heavy View Post
    Fracture (classic mirage )

from TFW
    I just saw the picture of Fracture. I can't believe it, it is repaint of Mirage as GoBots Crasher! I really can't believe Hasbro are doing that, a Gobot homage! Well No need to do it myself now!

Pulse is offline Rank 1 - New or Inactive

Honestly, How are we supposed to wait until we get our hands on those Classics 2.0 figures?!

I am drooling all over my keyboard . Those new Classics figures are so awesome!

I feel like buying a ticket to China, hunting down HasTak's factory & taking one of each.

Atleast my BW Silverbolt & Inferno and then the Victory Box Set will keep my TFs urges maintained for a while.

Oooohhhh, I can't wait to get my hands on those Classics 2.0 figures! I wonder if this is what it was like back in 1984.

Impressive, they've used thier brains with the repaints for a change. It all sounds good but there are really only 2 new moulds shown (Ironhide and Silverbolt) so I'm still sceptical. I like the Wallmart exclusive Crasher and Crankcase, and Ratbat to, not keen on Springer though that's gunna be a problem. I was hoping they'd make Springer a proper new tripple changer mould.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Zed View Post
    Impressive, they've used thier brains with the repaints for a change. It all sounds good but there are really only 2 new moulds shown (Ironhide and Silverbolt) so I'm still sceptical. I like the Wallmart exclusive Crasher and Crankcase, and Ratbat to, not keen on Springer though that's gunna be a problem. I was hoping they'd make Springer a proper new tripple changer mould.
    From being a complete skeptic on Universe, the announcements made today has made me a bit more positive and I am looking forward to some of the releases while previously I was going to omit the entire line. They do seem to be making an effort with many of their repaints. However I am still a bit cautious as typical Hasbro junk is still present such as Archer's personal seeker 'Acidstorm'

AWESOME NEWS!

Deluxe Ironhide
    - Expected. Ratchet I imagine is the next wave w/ Deluxe Jazz I suspect. I don't think any of the Autobots movie cast is going to miss out given the exposure of TFM

Deluxe Sideswipe - August 2008
    - Is that reported date right? Most of the Deluxes aren't even out yet till September let alone a 2nd wave Sideswipe.

Deluxe Bluestreak
    - In Classic colours! Woot! I -hope- Takara go the other way and give us the "blue" version. Though this was expected it was still nice to see and among my favourite repaints.

Ultra Class Silverbolt
    - Hrm... disappointed. It looks quite lacklustre in transformation if you check out the underbelly pics. It'll still make a good looking tou though.

Ultra Storm Cloud
    - I expected this but really don't mind. It makes sense, it's G1 and I'm cool. I'm most likely going to call my Powerglide to one of the micromasters who fits the colour scheme more. Hot House, I'm thinking.

Deluxe Hound with Ravage
    - Groovy! The biggest surprise is Ravage! I imagine Hasbro will be taking the Takara MP3 Soundwave and releasing it as a deluxe at some point in the Universe line if he's supposed to fit into Soundwave. Kinda sucks for those of us who paid $70 for MP3 Soundwave. but news of Ravage makes me hopeful of a Laserbeak to accompany Deluxe Soundwave.

Deluxe Cyclonus w/ Nightstick Targetmaster (new mold)
    - Yay! Now I can shaft that custom idea! Woot! This is a made toy. I just hope for a Scourge to round out Galvatron and his 3. It just disappoints me so much to think Galvatron is just a deluxe!

Deluxe Cheetor
    - This one really really bugs me. It's nothing against Cheetor as a toy. It's that he's so all alone in this and he's not even a "real life" machine that Hasbro keep harping on that they want. Why do this guy when you could do a new Springer, Perceptor, Blurr or Kup from TFTM. Unlesss we get more new BW molds, this will really p*ss me off. And if they were going to do a deluxe, how about Blackarachnia? She needs a new more accurate version the most. (And yes, I know there's one in Animated but the two have different enough colour schemes, right?)

TRANSFORMERS UNIVERSE LEGENDS
    Tank Megatron (looks similar to G2 version, realistic dark green)
    Jazz
    Brawn (looks awesome!)
    Beachcomber (looks awesome!)
    It annoys me that three of those new molds will be in Legends size but I suspect Jazz will at least get a Deluxe. Well, he'd better.

ROBOT HEROES
    Kickback vs. Ironhide
    BW Megatron vs BW Silverbolt
    Thrust vs Blaster
    BM Cheetor vs BM Tankor
    RID Optimus Prime vs RID Megatron
    - Uhm why even bother w/ BM? What a complete waste. They could've done more BW figures but they settled for the weakest toyline in TF history.

2008 EXCLUSIVES
    Nemesis Prime (Japanese version will have red windows) (Comic-Con / HTS exclusive)
    - Drat! I want the red windows version!!!

6" War Within Skywarp (Comic-Con / HTS exclusive)
    - YES!

Breakaway (Cybertron Hot Shot repaint) - Walmart
    - I can see it working if they mean Brakedown.

Fracture (Classics Mirage repaint) - Walmart
    - Meh...

Crankcase (Cybertron Red Alert repaint) - Walmart
    - That'll work! Good repaint choice.

Mini-Con 12 pack (Kmart)
    - I'll likely only get this if there are G1 homages or the mini-con legends weapons

WW Prowl and WW Grimlock as TRU exclusives (Sept 2008)
    - WOOT! I don't give a slag that the rest aren't getting done but these were the two that mattered to me most. From WW Prowl, you can get Smokescreen and Bluestreak too. I want these!

UNIVERSE COMIC 2 PACKS
    Deluxe Roadbuster versus Voyager Dirge (Cybertron Hot Shot II repaint / Cybertron Starscream repaint)
    - Gah. Size and scale don't work. Even worse when we consider that Roadbuster is the same as Botcon Springer. Can't work for me. They should've gone w/ Energon Ironhide. I will likely add Dirge to my Cybertron collection. He has no place in Classics.

Deluxe Ratbat versus Voyager Springer (Cybertron Evac repaint vs Cybertron Sideways repaint)
    - I -love- the Ratbat idea. Very War Within design. Voyager Springer though doesn't quite work for me b/c I expect Springer to be more badass and armed to the teeth. Either way, the set is as good as sold.

Now.... the last issue we have is distribution. How many of those repaints will make it downunder? For once, I would like to see them here. Unlike TFM, these repaints mean something. 'Tis may mean a great year for collecting even though itll likely keep me away from finishing G1 again. But I ain't complaining.

MV75 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

News legends! Woo! G2 megs looks great. I hope the actual toys are good in person unlike the previous legends for classics.
    ________
    Suzuki gsx1400
    Last edited by MV75; 11th March 2011 at 09:16 AM.