Page 14 of 36 FirstFirst ... 49101112131415161718192434 ... LastLast

Thread: March Acquisitions

Quote Originally Posted by Verno View Post
    Whats the backstory of the picture? And who is the guy 'ascending' in the middle?
    Think Transformers the movie - Unicron finally comes to Cybertron and so every Cybertronian defends the planet without distinction anymore for whose allegiance is what.

Basically the story is that a United alliance of Cybertronians ( Autos and Decepts) have been teleported back to Cybertron to defend and defeat Unicron. This was done by a Possessed Emirate Xaaron ( the glowing ascending guy) - possessed by Primus himself.
    He explains to all his "children that the chaos bringer must be defeated only by joining forces can they succeed and so they did.

Powernaster Prime is struggling to free the goodness in the Matrix ( the one thing which can defeat Unicron) since it has been tainted by Thunderwing's malign influence ( when he has gained control of the artifact - but later on been possessed by the matrix - See Marvel G1 - Matrix Quest). During this time Scorponok is leader of the Earthbound decepticons and has agreed to the alliance and died a hero in Prime's arms while attacking Unicron. Bludgeon takes leadership after....

As the story goes, Prime is able to free the goodness of the matrix but with the cost of sacrificing himself ( Prime's love doing this out of habit ) which then paves the way for the introduction of Actionmaster Prime but that's a later story. Grimlock gets to be leader ( actionmaster Grimy) as per Prime's last wish relayed to Prowl.

The Marvel run from Matrix Quest onwards to issue 60 in US got me hooked , earlier issues are a bit of hit and miss story wise for me.

In UK G1 comics continued on with Rodimus being leader etc etc, thus have more comic # and also had different storylines, but was effectively tied up to the continuity of US whe Furman took reigns of the comic wrtiting for both. The UK comics has these freebie connect to make a big poster at the middle which you get when you buy religiously the issues - which are hard to come by nowadays WITH them posters ( as per 5FDP) Hope that helps, other data Im sure Gok can provide
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Quote Originally Posted by liegeprime View Post
    Basically the story is that a United alliance of Cybertronians ( Autos and Decepts) have been teleported back to Cybertron to defend and defeat Unicron. This was done by a Possessed Emirate Xaaron ( the glowing ascending guy) - possessed by Primus himself. POwernaster Prime is struggling to free the Matrix ( the one thing which can defeat Unicron) since it has been tainted by Thunderwing's malign influence ( when he has gained control - but later on been possessed by the matrix - See Marvel G1 - Matrix Quest).
    Sounds like the epic scale of a TF comic

TRANSFORMERS: DEICIDE -- The Beast Wars 20th Anniversary Comic Book series that could have been...
    TRANSFORMERS: UNITY -- the BotCon 2016 Comic Book that should have been...

yup it was... I just wish theyd re do those stories but with todays art and drawing, that would be so awesome....the Tfs had character development back then, nowadays its get in as much Tfs in the pics for fanboy thingie but with nothing happening much to the story.... Those were the times when you REALLY cant wait for the next issue to come out to see what happens ... not this drivel cliffhanger IDW tries to do but fails miserably... their idea now of a cliffhanger is basically cut to the middle of what is about to happen.. see next issue...in the back of your mind, "But nothing yet has happened!!1 What do you mean the story is over for this issue?!?"

Which is why a lot of people ( well oldies hehehe like me) got really excited when Generations Thunderwing got issued ( and was announced last Botcon) because basically the G1 figure sucks - there I admit it , BUT Furman made these characters oh so BAAAAAAD - Thunderwing, Bludgeon, Scorponok and full of character and life....
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Congratulations 5FDP!! <envy>

yeah, there are some things in that poster that are, strictly speaking, canonically incorrect. It show's Prime pulling the Matrix out of his chest -- Powermaster Optimus Prime never had the Matrix in his chest. The Matrix was lost when his original body was buried in space, hence the Matrix Quest. Also, at the time the Matrix was actually in possession of Thunderwing. Furthermore, it shows Starscream "leading" Decepticons against Unicron... the Decepticon contingent was heroically led by Scorponok. Starscream's role (as well as Shockwave's) can be best described by this memorable song...

Brave Sir Starscream ran away
    Bravely ran away away
    When danger reared its ugly head
    He bravely turned his tail and fled
    Yes brave Sir Starscream turned about
    And gallantly he chickened out
    Bravely taking to his feet
    He beat a very brave retreat
    Bravest of the brave Sir Starscream!

Quote Originally Posted by liegeprime
    because basically the G1 figure sucks - there I admit it , BUT Furman made these characters oh so BAAAAAAD - Thunderwing, Bludgeon, Scorponok and full of character and life....
    Aww, I like Thunderwing. But yeah, Furman had an incredible nack of making otherwise forgettable toys really cool and memorable. He's even admitted himself that had he known what influence his writing would have, that he would've bought a box load of Bludgeon toys and made a motza by selling them today.

A not bad day yesterday....

Got myself a Electro Disrupter Mirage
    Then ran into Heroic Decepticon and his wife. (let me add how impressed I was with her ability to happily walk with me and HD toy shopping - you got a keeper there HD

Then went to Hobbybase and got Jazz and Tracks - they are beautiful....

Final stop YMT, where I forgot I had a set of United figures waiting for me. Plus he had Starscream Henkei which I happily bought

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Well, here it is! After years of scouring eBay and online comic shops, I finally have the full set of the hand-painted Geoff Senior posters of Unicron's attack on Cybertron which featured in issues 320 - 322 of the Marvel UK comic series

This has been my holy grail for years and my quest has come to an end. It's hard enough getting any of the issues post 300; it's almost impossible to find them with their free gifts still attached.

Now, to get it framed

Congrats that's. Gorgeous
    Collection Count (w/ a 12.42% upsize): 3053
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs
    Current Desires: Japanese BW Optimal Optimus
    The Holy Grail: Ultmetal Optimus Prime

Visit the Wonderful World of: The Iacon City Hub-Capital Collection

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMagnus View Post
    A not bad day yesterday....

Got myself a Electro Disrupter Mirage
    Then ran into Heroic Decepticon and his wife. (let me add how impressed I was with her ability to happily walk with me and HD toy shopping - you got a keeper there HD

Then went to Hobbybase and got Jazz and Tracks - they are beautiful....

Final stop YMT, where I forgot I had a set of United figures waiting for me. Plus he had Starscream Henkei which I happily bought
    Nice pick ups! So you did manage to find a Henkei Starscream! woot

Thumbs up A case of Generations goodness...

Arrived in Friday's mail, but I only got a chance to pick them up from my parent's place today.

Generations Thundercracker, Wheeljack, Scourge & Kup

Btw, all the spares are already spoken for.

Got a free MP Rodimus Prime thanks to Pulse

Quote Originally Posted by STL View Post
    Congrats that's. Gorgeous
    Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Congratulations 5FDP!! <envy>
    Quote Originally Posted by valkyrie_76 View Post
    Very nice. I had them years ago but as usual, they always seem to disappear when you move house a few times (just like socks in the washing machine )
    Quote Originally Posted by rampagesss View Post
    Don't know much about the comics but that is just a incredably cool picture, looks awesome and congrats on the find!
    Quote Originally Posted by Skullcruncher View Post
    Thats is some cool g1 art right there, prime, prowl wheeljack... very nice!
    Thanks guys! Been doing the 'happy dance' all weekend

Quote Originally Posted by liegeprime View Post
    Got a free MP Rodimus Prime thanks to Pulse
    Free?!! Who... what... when... why... how???
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]