Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Project Shockwave

I'd be willing to graphic design AND draw comics for a cheap cut cos I love TFs too.

This project will be awesome!! Sigh, wish I can contribute something, but alas I'll just keep my eye on developments of this project.

@gdmetro: that link of the G1 style box for classics in TFW is awesome too.
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

I will need a writer and an artist!

Yesterday I managed to get a toy designer to help project manage this. We are looking at how to get the graphic art done, then prepare packaging.

We dont have a comic yet, so guys if you want to help write and draw this it would be appreciated!

Send me a PM if you want and I will send you details!

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMagnus View Post
    I will need a writer and an artist!

Yesterday I managed to get a toy designer to help project manage this. We are looking at how to get the graphic art done, then prepare packaging.

We dont have a comic yet, so guys if you want to help write and draw this it would be appreciated!

Send me a PM if you want and I will send you details!
    I would love to be involved... just don't know what I can offer. I guess I can help with the story of the comic!!

Good news, I am expecting in a month some product demos to show the forum for feedback.

I am looking for a transformers artist to assist - any comic/graphic artist out there?

Excellent news today, we have a company and a lead designer (who has worked on Transformers with Hasbro) helping build this new product.

The product will be.....
    wait for it....

Autobot City! Yes life size autobot city.

The idea is when you purchase each Classics/Packaging you will get a section of the autobot city. The city is based on the TF movie (1986).

It should house up to 20 toys.

Some of the features.
    - Autobot sick bay (where Optimus dies),
    - Canon launcher (autobots vs devastator)
    - Communications tower (blaster vs cassettes)
    - Autobot Shuttle Landing bay

Size - as tall as fortress maximus, about 1.5mtre long as base, up to 2 mtre with additional items . Its huge. We will be breaking it up into 100 different parts. Cost of production is undetermined but it will be the ultimate playset for collectors.

The playset will also connect with Metroplex at one part (still working out the details with that.
    We are looking at another concept that Autobots make Autobot City and Decepticons make a city connecting with Trypticon.

More concept details to come, with prototype expected around May.

Will go on retail expected around August/Sept this year with 2 Classics toys released each month (for 2 years).

Some additions based on feedback:

1. Core Characters released in United/Henkei/Generations/Classics to be released in first wave.
    2. Comic should be a continuous series of 50 issues (each box comes with a 24 page comic)
    3. Include Fansproject items (including Ultra Magnus, Insecticons, Warbot) as well as Arcee (Valkyrie version).
    4. Comic should be written by fans and drawn by fans.
    5. 10% of profit to be donated back to TF community
    6. 10% of profit to be donated to charity

will send more details out shortly.

"Life size Autobot City"? I don't think that's what you mean to say!

So the intention is to sell boxes for existing toys that come with an unlicensed comic and part of a build your own Autobot City? You're not planning to make/supply KOs of the existing Classic toys? (but eventually or at some point brand new toys for the other Dinobots and Shockwave).

Big goal and best of luck. If you're setting up a 50 issue comic series have a good story idea/s that can keep it going.

Quote Originally Posted by Vector Prime View Post
    This is quite an ambitious project

I totally agree with your thoughts in relation to the TFC packaging.

Not being a G1 collector, but recently acquiring TFC Hound & Blitzwing (due to a desire to revisit childhood nostalgia), I have developed an appreciation for the packaging they have used in the TFC line.

It is quite an exquisite packaging design with excellent box art and has even made me want to collect the entire series (even though I have no interest in any of the other G1 figures).

If similar type boxes were to be produced for Classicverse toys, may I suggest that they be made big enough to house the original packaging?

This may be an issue seeing as most boxed items across the various 'Classics' series are differing in size (whereas carded ones are roughly the same), but it would be nice to be able to retain the original packaging.

Someone like myself that (partially) collects MISB/MOSC items cannot bear the thought of ripping open the original packaging (even if it was to put inside an 'improved' or uniform box design).

I don't support third party items (like add-on bits & pieces or complete figures), however if it was an outer packaging designed to slip onto an original box/carded item (for the sake of uniformity across the 'Classicverse' releases), then it would be something I would seriously consider.

On a side note, as the lines have become increasingly blurred between the different releases, what constitutes 'Classicverse' and who decides what is or isn't included in it?
    Well yeah...but then you'd wanna keep the Sealed Box MISB as well! :P

Excellent news today, we have a company and a lead designer (who has worked on Transformers with Hasbro) helping build this new product.

The product will be.....
    wait for it....

The idea is when you purchase each Classics/Packaging you will get a section of the autobot city. The city is based on the TF movie (1986).

Some of the features.

Size - as tall as fortress maximus, about 1.5mtre long as base, up to 2 mtre with additional items . Its huge. We will be breaking it up into 100 different parts. Cost of production is undetermined but it will be the ultimate playset for collectors.

The playset will also connect with Metroplex at one part (still working out the details with that.
    We are looking at another concept that Autobots make Autobot City and Decepticons make a city connecting with Trypticon.

Will go on retail expected around August/Sept this year with 2 Classics toys released each month (for 2 years).

1. Core Characters released in United/Henkei/Generations/Classics to be released in first wave.
    2. Comic should be a continuous series of 50 issues (each box comes with a 24 page comic)
    3. Include Fansproject items (including Ultra Magnus, Insecticons, Warbot) as well as Arcee (Valkyrie version).

WOW, that's huger than huge, I'd love it but there's nowhere I could set that up. Are you going to have the option of purchashing without the boxes, while I dont' have space now, i eventually plan on having a house and that would be a pretty neat display method.

The product will be.....
    wait for it....

Some of the features.

WOW!!, Glad Ive streamlined my collection display, now Ive got more space, this Autocity would be awesome!!... erm another suggested parts would be for an "ark Extension playset" something to house prolly the ark and teletraan....cheers!! Id subscribe to this! oh yeah that's another thing can we ( those willing Subscribe to this so that we dont miss out? it will be pretty frustrating if it gets sold out on some and the build up would be incomplete then...
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]