Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bay Admits TF2 was "Crap"

In other news, Tom Kenny admits that Skids and Mudflap are annoying, Shia LeBoeuf admits to saying the word 'no' and Megan Fox admits that she's a b!*@#...

Quote Originally Posted by Demonac View Post
    Pretty sure the opening credit reads: 'A Micheal Bay Film'.
    I'm pretty sure it doesn't, unless his proofreaders are crap too.

All these years of abusing Micheal Bay's films, when I should be abusing Michael Bay's films instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Zed View Post
    Well I liked the first movie, and I'm pretty sure he directed that, so I don't think thats fair, I think he can do a decent job.

Whether of course his remark is all talk and he actually does is another matter indeed.
    To me the first movie was average, but ok. It got the franchise in the mainstream, but took it in some questionable directions (in my opinion) in the process.

I tend to agree that Bay may have been "managed" more with TF1, whereas with ROTF he was given free reign and a blank cheque.

Hopefully, despite being quite successful; after the poor critical reception of ROTF the "management" of Michael Bay will return.

If so, maybe DOTM will surprise, and for the right reasons

A little to the left... a little bit more...

Quote Originally Posted by AussieJason View Post
    To me the first movie was average, but ok. It got the franchise in the mainstream, but took it in some questionable directions (in my opinion) in the process.
    100% agree. I never thought TF1 was very good, but I was happy that it was made.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    In other news, Tom Kenny admits that Skids and Mudflap are annoying, Shia LeBoeuf admits to saying the word 'no' and Megan Fox admits that she's a b!*@#...
    Best quote I've read all week Well done! I was thinking the same thing when I first heard Bay said ROTF was "crap"... how is this news? The only thing "news-y" about it is the fact that Bay's comments are a huge slap in the face to all the diehard ROTF fans who have defended him for 2 years. When I think about the countless times they have gone in to battle for Bay, championing the movie on his behalf, only to have him come along and undermine them by agreeing with the rest of us (finally). They must feel really betrayed.

Quote Originally Posted by Robzy View Post

Best quote I've read all week Well done! I was thinking the same thing when I first heard Bay said ROTF was "crap"... how is this news? The only thing "news-y" about it is the fact that Bay's comments are a huge slap in the face to all the diehard ROTF fans who have defended him for 2 years. When I think about the countless times they have gone in to battle for Bay, championing the movie on his behalf, only to have him come along and undermine them by agreeing with the rest of us (finally). They must feel really betrayed.
    Betrayed? A slap in the face?Thats a pretty strong statement don't you think? You make it sound like Bay slept with their wives.

As you know (based on our disagreements in the past) I am a fan of ROTF. The reason I am a fan is not because I think it's the best movie of all time but because I think given the situation he did a good enough job. Ultimately it would of been better to wait until after the writers strike to make the movie but can you imagine the uproar if the fans had to wait any longer then they did for the sequel. So I applaud Michael Bay for not only making ROTF which I was happy with (again given the situation) but also for being man enough to admit their were mistakes and problems and that he wasn't happy with it.
    HATRED FOR JAMES VAN DER BEEK RISING!

Still have some stuff for sale. Free pickup at Parra Fair
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=8503

Quote Originally Posted by Bartrim View Post
    As you know (based on our disagreements in the past) I am a fan of ROTF. The reason I am a fan is not because I think it's the best movie of all time but because I think given the situation he did a good enough job. Ultimately it would of been better to wait until after the writers strike to make the movie but can you imagine the uproar if the fans had to wait any longer then they did for the sequel. So I applaud Michael Bay for not only making ROTF which I was happy with (again given the situation) but also for being man enough to admit their were mistakes and problems and that he wasn't happy with it.
    Are you kidding? ROTF was the greatest story ever shown on the big screen

But in all seriousness, I have to agree with you, exactly how I feel. I enjoyed the movie when I saw it, and still enjoy it now. Yea there are things wrong with it, but he did the best with the situation he had.

Betrayed? A slap in the face?Thats a pretty strong statement don't you think? You make it sound like Bay slept with their wives.
    Well... Yeah - I guess it is pretty strong... but the vitriol from many fans of ROTF directed at "Geewunners" has been pretty strong too!

Okay... I'll use myself as an example... If Ivan Reitman came out and said Ghostbusters was "crap" I would feel very betrayed by him! If James Cameron said Aliens was "crap" I'd feel like that was a slap in my face (I love the movie, so he's automatically insulting my taste in films).

IMO, I think Bay has offended quite a few of his supporters, judging by the comments on some of the international forums... But some are either delusional or in denial... e.g. "Feels like Bay is just distancing himself from it because he's been told to. I doubt he really feels it was crap"... etc, etc, etc... Gimme a break!

Ultimately it would of been better to wait until after the writers strike to make the movie but can you imagine the uproar if the fans had to wait any longer then they did for the sequel. So I applaud Michael Bay for not only making ROTF which I was happy with (again given the situation) but also for being man enough to admit their were mistakes and problems and that he wasn't happy with it.
    Not me. Personally I'd rather wait 8 years for a good movie, than 2 years for a "crap" movie

Quote Originally Posted by Robzy View Post
    Well... Yeah - I guess it is pretty strong... but the vitriol from many fans of ROTF directed at "Geewunners" has been pretty strong too!

Okay... I'll use myself as an example... If Ivan Reitman came out and said Ghostbusters was "crap" I would feel very betrayed by him! If James Cameron said Aliens was "crap" I'd feel like that was a slap in my face (I love the movie, so he's automatically insulting my taste in films).

IMO, I think Bay has offended quite a few of his supporters, judging by the comments on some of the international forums... But some are either delusional or in denial... e.g. "Feels like Bay is just distancing himself from it because he's been told to. I doubt he really feels it was crap"... etc, etc, etc... Gimme a break!

Not me. Personally I'd rather wait 8 years for a good movie, than 2 years for a "crap" movie
    LOL. Everytime someone mentions Ivan Reitman I always think of Tony Martins Arnie impersanation on The Late Show back in the 90's.

I agree with you I would rather wait 8 years for a good movie but like I said given the circumstances ROTF was good enough (for me anyway). It was those international fans I was referring to and that is why I avoid the international boards now.
    HATRED FOR JAMES VAN DER BEEK RISING!

Still have some stuff for sale. Free pickup at Parra Fair
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=8503

LOL. Everytime someone mentions Ivan Reitman I always think of Tony Martins Arnie impersanation on The Late Show back in the 90's.
    Hahaha - I remember that too! Gold!

It was those international fans I was referring to and that is why I avoid the international boards now.
    Same here

In other news, Bay admits water is wet.