Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bay Admits TF2 was "Crap"

Quote Originally Posted by Gutsman Heavy View Post
    In other news, Bay admits water is wet.
    I'm starting to think he is really Charlie Sheen in disguise. The man's a prophet
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Quote Originally Posted by Robzy View Post
    Hahaha - I remember that too! Gold!
    Not gold.... Champagne Comedy
    HATRED FOR JAMES VAN DER BEEK RISING!

Still have some stuff for sale. Free pickup at Parra Fair
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=8503

Well... Yeah - I guess it is pretty strong... but the vitriol from many fans of ROTF directed at "Geewunners" has been pretty strong too!

Okay... I'll use myself as an example... If Ivan Reitman came out and said Ghostbusters was "crap" I would feel very betrayed by him! If James Cameron said Aliens was "crap" I'd feel like that was a slap in my face (I love the movie, so he's automatically insulting my taste in films).

IMO, I think Bay has offended quite a few of his supporters, judging by the comments on some of the international forums... But some are either delusional or in denial... e.g. "Feels like Bay is just distancing himself from it because he's been told to. I doubt he really feels it was crap"... etc, etc, etc... Gimme a break!

Not me. Personally I'd rather wait 8 years for a good movie, than 2 years for a "crap" movie
    Completely agree.

The term "shovelware" applies to video games, but it almost seems Bay adopted this method for ROTF...

Not me. Personally I'd rather wait 8 years for a good movie, than 2 years for a "crap" movie
    true, but I already waited 25 years for the first one...

Movies aren't quite like valve games, telling the general public they they will be done when they are done doesn't work. The hollywood machine needs to market, to set dates, raise expectations and have merchandise, lots of merchandise. having millions of dollars of merch sitting in a warehouse for 5 years waiting till a movie is just right wouldn't make the hollywood bean counters happy, and they also want to strike while the iron is hot, squeeze as much money out of the license while people remember the last one.

I doubt Michael Bay would have been able to push the date back much if he had even wanted to, the bean counters would have said no. the same will be with this movie. hopefully there is a bit of a hiatus before the 4th when the franchise can rest up a little.

though personally if there could be an awesome Transformers movie released every 6 months, I would much prefer that. more, I want more!! NOW!

I was spoiled watching Stargate SG1 dvd box sets, just one more, just one more.
    now waiting a week for a new episode of something is nigh on excruciating.

Giving directors more time doesn't necessarily mean they'll produce a better film... after all, Star Wars fans waited 22 years for this.