Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 12345671222 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokémon thread

I managed to defeat Clair without needing to catch any more Pokemon or spend time leveling up

I was able to defeat the Kingdra stumbling block with Gyarados. For ever two moves Kingdra made I was able to use a hyper potion and a Twister attack, and while it took a while, and many potions, I eventually prevailed!

And I still don't have a gym badge! Dragon Den? Sigh! But I got past that gym at least!

My new Friend Code for Black - 3911 6940 4169

Finally got a chance to sit down and start black. My starter was oshawott and so far its looking good.
    Hunting:
    Beast Wars/Machines/Neo/Second

Will start playing black, but want to finish up and collect all 16 badges in SS. I have 10/16 so far, hadn''t touched it in about 4 months but decided I need to finish it in order to start on Black!!

Got Black from Big W for $47

Started with Oshawott. The starters were uninspiring. I only picked him because I have picked the water starter every game since the original Red.

I am up to the first gym. Really dissapointed in the lack of variety so far.
    I only have 5 pokemon before the first gym, and 2 of them were given to me for free.
    To make it worse, 2 are normal and 1 is dark.
    Apparently there is some more I can get if I find shaking grass, but even then it is normal as well.

I remember in the other games you have had encountered at least a dozen verious pokemon before the first gym, and there were more variety type wise
    |Buy ALL my things!|Collection Thread|Current Collection Count: ~661|
    |Wants|Galaxy Force Blue Rumble|

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Phoenix View Post
    I remember in the other games you have had encountered at least a dozen verious pokemon before the first gym, and there were more variety type wise
    I don't thin you ever really got more than 4-6 choices before the first gym, the first gym was always your starter and 1-2 strong normal/flying types.

Just checked Serebii's pokeEarth pages, and this is the info I ascertained...

R/B/Y: Rattata, Pidgey, Nidoran's, Mankey, Caterpie/Weedle
    HG/SS: Rattata, Sentret, Pidgey, Spearow, Hoothoot ,Caterpie/Weedle, Ledyba/Spinarak
    R/S/E: Poochyena, Zigzagoon, Wurmple, Seedot/Lotad, Ralts, Wingull, Taillow
    D/P/Plat: Bidoof, Starly, shinx, Kricketot, Abra

So only really 7 or so Pokes at the first gym, and then it opens up a bit more from there (usually with Zubat, Geodude and whatever gens cave dwellers.

I had kids ranting to me today about how the new Black and White pokemon are "crap" and the first 150 are better! Hilarious considering that the Pokemon they prefer are double their own age!
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Caught Victini and am about to go for my third Badge.

Still haven't settled on a regular team yet. Usually by now I'd have my mainstays but I keep chopping and changing, and even my starter (now Pignite) isn't getting much use. Having to anticipate the need for HMs is affeecting it too.

I went with the crowd and picked Black tonight, getting it for free for trading two games at JB. Like k.wong I'll be finishing HeartGold before I start playing it though.

Finally hunkered down and nabbed Latios in Silver to finish off getting all the legendaries available for now (got to get another Grouden, Kyogre and Rayquaza once I level up more in order to beat Red on Mt. Silver).

So will hopefully start Black sometime soonish.

Paulbot and K.Wong, at the very least open and play your Black versions for a few minutes (get the Pokedex) so you can get the event card for Victini before April via wifi.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

White power!

I choose you, Bunnypig!