Thread: Big W DOTM Toys

Default Big W DOTM Toys

I sent an email to the toy buyer for Big W yesterday and here is his response

Hi

Thankyou for the email

We have stock arriving between the 1st-15th May as there is an embargo on placing stock on show which is the 16th May.

We are trying to obtain stock earlier and we will keep you informed.

We think it will do better than TFM2 (not sure if it will be bigger than TFM1). I will reserve my judgement until I have seen the movie.... As you know if the movie is no good the sales of the product tends to be slow eg Hulk !!!

I hope this helps

Kind Regards
    Recent Additions:
    Robosen Auto Converting Optimus Prime
    Incoming:
    Canon Optimus
    Wishlist:
    MP Jazz, MP Ricochet, MP Waspinator
    Selling:
    Lots, just need to sort it out.
    Looking For:
    Seige Cyberton upgrade Optimus Prime

Wooo, interesting.

Although I think the slow Hulk sales would've been mainly due to the toyline consisting of... well... Hulk figures only.

Don't get me wrong, I love the Hulk, but there seemed little else of interest in that line.

Only a couple of DOTM have my interest, but I do look forward to seeing more stock. As opposed to the Thrusts, Drifts, WFC Megs and family that have dominated my local stores for AAAAaaaaages.

I worked at Big W when the Eric Bana Hulk merchandise came out, that stuff lingered forever. And yeah they were all lame Hulk things, stretchy Hulk, Tank flinging Hulk, cloth shorts Hulk, Hulk masks and gloves. The only non hulk figure was the bad guy who looked like a tree or something.

I remember certain Star Wars AOTC toys being released way earlier, and most stores broke the emargo. I wouldn't be surprised if you find them being put out before the 15th.

But May is sooooooooo far away, and Cyberverse movie toys are already in US Walmarts
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!