Released here - Yes it was
    Approximate Retail Price - $18 - $24
    Approximate Size -
    Allegiance - Predacon
    Alt-mode - Slater
    Main Features/Gimmicks - Roll into a ball
    Main Colours - Yellow, black
    Main Accessories - none

This toy is bagged alot. It has pinchers and a stabber at either end that are spring loaded. It can roll into a ball just like the real life creature it is based on. Hands can seperate from shell. The face looks like a toxic mask/symbol. Alt mode is pretty simple. It just lays flat lol. Robot mode is good though can be back heavy. Although alt mode is pretty simple there is a nice bot mode.
    rating 8/10

i pronounce it retrax as in the the roof retrax into the car boot

Quote Originally Posted by Autocon
    Robot mode is good though can be back heavy. Although alt mode is pretty simple there is a nice bot mode.
    I think the bot mode is what most people criticise Retrax for the most. The toy is a typical example of a toy whose engineering has been rather compromised by its gimmick. As a result the toy has sacrificed articulation in the arms. His arms can be placed in either two poses -- either he's hugging you (hence the name of the Japanese counterpart "Powerhug" is somewhat fitting) or he's impersonating Christ the Redeemer.

I agree with what dirge said about this toy - the articulation is a let down, but it has a unique gimmick, making it a fun if flawed toy. There are plenty of other worse gimmick-compromised toys out there; many of them way more expensive than this fairly cheap carded Deluxe (e.g. Armada Scavenger, Combiner Class Devastator etc.). IMO this toy still offers way better value than some of the crap that's floating around atm like Stealth Force or RPM etc. Oh, and another neat thing about the toy - at least at the time it came out - the alt mode was the nearest thing we had to Unicron planetoid!

I'd vote "Buy only if cheap" if that option existed on this poll. (-_-)

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I think the bot mode is what most people criticise Retrax for the most. The toy is a typical example of a toy whose engineering has been rather compromised by its gimmick. As a result the toy has sacrificed articulation in the arms. His arms can be placed in either two poses -- either he's hugging you (hence the name of the Japanese counterpart "Powerhug" is somewhat fitting) or he's impersonating Christ the Redeemer.

I agree with what dirge said about this toy - the articulation is a let down, but it has a unique gimmick, making it a fun if flawed toy. There are plenty of other worse gimmick-compromised toys out there; many of them way more expensive than this fairly cheap carded Deluxe (e.g. Armada Scavenger, Combiner Class Devastator etc.). IMO this toy still offers way better value than some of the crap that's floating around atm like Stealth Force or RPM etc. Oh, and another neat thing about the toy - at least at the time it came out - the alt mode was the nearest thing we had to Unicron planetoid!

I'd vote "Buy only if cheap" if that option existed on this poll. (-_-)
    third option. so much for being different

"Cheap as chips" means that something is extremely inexpensive. Is Retrax an expensive toy? It's a Deluxe and it was sold at the Deluxe price point. I don't think that's cheap or expensive... just normal. I wouldn't pay more than Deluxe price for this toy (then again, I don't like paying above RRP for any toy)

References
    http://www.usingenglish.com/referenc...+as+chips.html
    http://www.english-sayings.com/cheap-as-chips/6134
    http://www.answers.com/topic/cheap
    http://www.peevish.co.uk/slang/c.htm
    http://www.ecenglish.com/learnenglis...english-idioms

As I have been saying for over a decade now, I would buy a Retrax if he was repainted as Unicron. He's the perfect Beast Wars Unicron.

I like to see reviews on older toys, rather than just the new ones.
    Think there should be more on this site.
    I'm not always interested in newer stuff and whilst there are usually stacks of reviews all over the 'net on the older stuff, its always good to hear the views of people from this forum.
    TF Figs of 2023:
    1) WnR Springer
    2) Legacy Bludgeon
    3) Legacy Leo Prime/Nemesis Leo Prime.

I have Powerhug, glorious.

I've always thought this guy was an awesome figure, up until trying to get the bugger to stand!

He is awesome... my original Unicron. Still love him today. Buy him... you know you want to.