Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Why do you interact here?

I was looking for Beast Wars to complete my collection. And I acheived alot of that so thankyou.

I'm here mostly to read about posts regarding cool TF figures, or interesting TF comic series.

Not being much of a collector, I nonetheless have an interest in the TF stories, especially the artistic side of it.

Oh and kudos to Bartrim for letting me know this place existed!

A little to the left... a little bit more...

I lurked here for years in the early/mid 2000s, before finally joining in 2007 (or maybe late 2006 - can't remember). I used to be a member on many international forums and TAAU but this place is much better. It's gone through a few changes since then, and there are heaps of new members too... which is part of what makes it so great!

I've made many great friends on this forum, both online and in person (at SA Meets). It's great to have a local-centric place that concentrates on TF issues relevant to Aussies.

Toward the end of G1 as more and more people I knew were losing interest in Transformers, I started wondering if I was the only person left who was still into Transformers. From 1993 I started looking for other Transformer fans to interact with online, but to no avail. In 1995-96 every web search I did on "Transformers" led me to web sites about electronic transformers, but nothing about The Transformers. It wasn't until 1997 that I finally found other Transfans online that I could interact with. Most of whom were either in Japan (which is where I was living in at the time) or USA, Canada, The Netherlands and Germany. It was Ben Yee who told me that there was an Australian Transformers community called "AusTrans" and I think he either forwarded my email address to griffin or gave me griffin's email... can't remember. And so I joined AusTrans. After returning to Australia I paid the $2 fee that got me the newsletters and started attending fan meets. The very first meet I attended had four attendees; griffin, dirge, dsaint and myself.

So fourteen years later I'm still interacting with this community and attending meets. Many other TF community's I've interacted with are either:
    + Not as relevant for an Australian collector
    + Not as civilised
    + Not as relevant for a Transformers enthusiast (a lot of other forums have more non-TF related posts and sections than ones actually related to TFs! )
    + Not as active - both in terms of online posts and real life meets/events

Happy 15th birthday, OzFormers.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Toward the end of G1 as more and more people I knew were losing interest in Transformers, I started wondering if I was the only person left who was still into Transformers.
    Not the only one left, just the most unique
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

I go on here for the more relevant local Australian news, particularly which toys are released here since we don't get everything. Although I do go onto the other sites like Seibertron, tfw2005 and Tformers for global news, I don't ever go to their forums as it's way better here. With the bigger forums, the posts and people are much more distant, gets off topic easier, and I don't recognise most of the posters (with otca, its easier to get to recognise and 'know' the people posting).

Of course, also met some great people in person, so it's finally great to talk to someone who shares a same major interest as me.
    "sometimes the things you see might not be real and the things that are real you might not see"

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Not the only one left, just the most unique
    "You're all individuals!"
    "YES! WE'RE ALL INDIVIDUALS!"
    "You're all different!"
    "YES! WE ARE ALL DIFFERENT!"
    "I'm not..."
    "Sshhh!"

I come here because I find the local spin on Transformers info far more useful than the American sites, the fans here are less....intense...And people actually went out of their way to make me feel welcome when I joined. there's a few characters here who's opinions I've come to value when dealing with buying Transformers. So thanks to everyone for making a an awesome site and Griffin for getting it all started!

At first I joined OTCA because it had the sightings section and I had become a plastic addict to TFs - but after being here for a while I've discovered there's a much more communal sense to this forum - like it has much depth to it. I think it's interesting to see all these different members that share such an intense passion for a toyline that it's inspiring really.

I guess it's a case of more than meets the eye with Octa