View Poll Results: DotM Leader Sentinel - worth buying?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

11 50.00%
  • Only if cheap

10 45.45%
  • Only if (something else)

1 4.55%
  • No

0 0%
  • Not interested

0 0%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: Toy Review - DOTM Leader Sentinel Prime

If I could just get the arms, legs and feet to line up in the precise but not intuitive, way they are meant to, this will be a very nice modern firetruck. The shell is easy, it's the innards that are trouble. And is the sound gimmick button supposed to be so visible at the front. Time to consult the instructions!

Ah the legs flip open. Now it makes perfect sense and it's the line up problems.

Overall pretty happy with this figure. The Deluxes and Voyagers felt small but this feels nicely Leader size.
    Last edited by Paulbot; 30th May 2011 at 11:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LordCyrusOmega View Post
    Yes I know you're Optimus Prime, now please be quiet. This is hard enough as it is
    Hearty LOL

This is pretty solid in both modes.

The robot mode has the right proportions and yes it can be a tad top heavy but it's still easy to pose and balance. If only the grey parts were painted silver, this would have been nicer. There isn't too much alt mode kibble and the cape is a good excuse to have the kibble there (also reminds me a lot of Cybertron Vector Prime). If anything, the panel hanging from the back of the shoulder is my main gripe, but at least looks to be part of the cape and is connected to a highly articulated connector.

Alt mode is quite good with the seams almost invisible for a solid robot-kibble free look. I like how both the sword and shield can store away. I don't really care much with its scissor like mech-tech attack mode but its a nice addition. Big bonus for being able to stow away, and concealed, both sword and shield in this mode.

Conversion is what I want in a Leader Class figure. Wonderfully complex with folds and panel sandwiches everywhere. It is fiddly and aligning the arms and legs with the panels can be a pain, but it can be done and for me, easier to remember than RotF Prime. I especially like the formation of the chest to the cab of the truck. There are a lot of panels that kinda gives it a feel of a half-shellformer but I can forgive it for its very rectangular and brick like alt mode. I didn't like how the feet are just crapilly bunched up together inside with no real symmetrical placement or at all.

The blade is nice but I wish it was a little bigger. The shield is pretty rad with its spring-loaded gimmick but looks a little lame in grey.

Overall, I'm satisfied with this figure and worthy of the Leader size and a great tribute as an avatar.

PS.
    I'm quite surprised how similar the Cyberverse Commander version of Sentinel is to this one. The transformation is pretty much identical but, obviously simplified. But all panels and placements of everything is pretty nigh on identical.

I just got mine and I'm impressed. Conversion was tricky tryting to get the arms and legs together for truck mode. Thought it would be difficult to do without instructions the second time but was easier then expected.

Cons: Same sound bite as Optimus Prime only in a different voice and says Sentinel as a pose to Optimus. Batteries came out after I heard it.
    He's also very top heavy and I'm yet to work out how to get him to stand.

His accessories are cool, sword and shield look wicked.

Default Senitnel Primes extra phrases

While playing around with Leader sentinel Prime today I discovered 2 new things he says,

"What has happened to the All Spark?"
    "Good to see you alive Optimus"

If you plug his gun into the mechtech port and then push his chest button, he alternates between these phrases.

Any of the other leaders have hidden phrases?

This was already mentioned in the Leader Class Sentinel Prime review thread

Off hand I can't think of any other movie Leader Class toys with different phrases in other configurations -- although Fire Convoy and Robots In Disguise Optimus Prime do say different things in different modes. But they're technically not Leader Class toys.

Quote Originally Posted by AX83 View Post
    While playing around with Leader sentinel Prime today I discovered 2 new things he says,

"What has happened to the All Spark?"
    "Good to see you alive Optimus"

If you plug his gun into the mechtech port and then push his chest button, he alternates between these phrases.

Any of the other leaders have hidden phrases?
    GASP! *Runs and Grabs his Sentinel Prime*

Ripped the batteries out as I suffer from the same frustrations as LordCyrusOmega:
    Yes I know you're Optimus Prime, now please be quiet. This is hard enough as it is
    I really don't like voice gimmicks...it's a thing.

Anyways, I have to say this is my favourite movie leader class fig after Starscream and Buster Prime. I have to admit that the transformations of quite a few of the movie figs, impress the hell out of me. Sentinel's transformation is one such little engineering feat that really makes me feel happy inside.

My one major complaint, and this is endemic of the DOTM line, is the real lacklustre paint job. I am totally itching to repaint this guy.