Generations and United Perceptor in vehicle mode:

In Vehicle mode, United Pereceptor wins hands down with that super nice shiny paint. Makes it seem more like an Alternity figure than a regular deluxe. The clear windows also add a lot more realism and nicer aesthetically than the yellowy orange (why does Hasbro do that??)

Robot Modes:

In robot mode, both figures have their cons and pros with no clear winner. Hasbro has the advantage of uncharacteristic and appropriate chrome and United has an overall similar paint job but with added paint applications adding some distinction to it, unfortunately instead of grey, it has that horrible 'hasbro grey'.

Since both figures have their ups and downs, I decided to simply mix both parts and make 'The best of both Worlds':

He is now super shiny and the reflecting flash is hiding much of the detail but it does look a lot better than any of the standard figures as he is now sporting the best bits from both. Fantastic!

Just to show, here is the 'worse' of both worlds

Vehicle modes - Not much difference:

This little project wasn't as easy as it looks, it involved removing pins which is always very difficult to do. While trying to push a pin through, I accidentally impaled it under my thumb nail. OUCH!!

Thankfully no blood dripped on the figure or the carpet