View Poll Results: Generations Warpath - worth buying?

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

36 90.00%
  • Only if cheap

2 5.00%
  • Only if (something else)

0 0%
  • No

0 0%
  • Not interested

2 5.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: Toy Review - Generations Warpath

+great design & update to G1
    +fun to transform
    +great range of movement

-red is kind of dull (and not vibrant enough for my own tastes)
    -no voice chip with KAPOW, BLAM and so on.
    -shoulder weapons are kind of stupid and non detachable
    -hands cant rotate

best warpath toy ever.

I can't find this toy in any store... has anyone purchased this toy from a brick and mortar or is it only available online atm?

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I can't find this toy in any store... has anyone purchased this toy from a brick and mortar or is it only available online atm?
    It is not out here at retail in Oz and was only recently sighted at a handful of places in the US - so yes, online only at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Vector Prime View Post
    he's a definite must buy at any price.
    A big call, but I agree. An excellent toy of a fun character BLAM!

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

I love the robot mode, a really good figure, and worth the effort to get him. Tank mode could be better and it's a bit small (he's the same length as PCC Heavytread...), but it's amazing that the robot mode is standard deluxe height. Transformation was much more interesting and fun than I initially expected, only gripe would be the gap above his hands.
    "sometimes the things you see might not be real and the things that are real you might not see"

I'm really dissapointed by this toy. While the QC was to a good standard most of my gripes are with the design.

PROS
    -Generally good QC, joints are reasonably tight and paint apps are immaculate given the difficulty level (there was a smudge of overspray though)
    -Adequate paint apps in decos in general. Doesn't feel like anything's missing. KA9OW and ZOW333 decos are tasteful. I really like the shade of maroon plastic too.
    -Balance. Treadfeet makes him very stable in robot mode. Great for poses.
    -Transformation. Sweet and simple as it should be.

CONS
    -Head reveal joint is floppy and it's STILL difficult to flip out. I have to use the missile to dig it out evrey single time. Personally I don't like the face sculpt, looks way too much like a Decepticon. I know it's hailing back to the G1 toy but I would rather of had a comic/cartoon head sculpt.
    -Gimmick doesn't work. If you're going to put a missile gimmick at least make it work. Though I would have much rather preferred a chest firing or chest-recoiling gimmick I do acknowledge that it may have made the toy look like turd.
    -No waist articulation. This REALLY hurts this toy as the number of awesome poses he is capable of is no longer over 9000. This is my biggest problem with this toy.
    -Lack of accessories. Warpath has awesomely located hardpoints for the clip weapons. Why couldn't they have supplied a bunch of clip accessories instead of the crappy non-firing missile? I hope a 3rd party manufacturer capitalises on this.
    -The top hatch can't close in robot mode. I'm really nitpicking now but this really annoys me

Default My $0.02

One of the problems with being a selective collector is that you often come late to parties such as these. I only just acquired a Gens Warpath.
    In summary, I must say that this is an awesome figure. Straight out the packet I was stoked with it (often it takes me a while to warm to a figure).
    Sure its not perfect (see Lint's previous post - he hits the nail on the head), but its very good for a deluxe. Looks great, poses well (despite no waist ), good playability, and simple playformer transformation. Good colours, good QC (best joints of any new figure I've acquire in recent times), and nice mould detailing.
    Also the more time you look at it, the more you can appreciate the homage to G1 Warpath. IMHO, probably one of the best homage to date.
    Usually with tank-formers, we're happy if the turret can rotate 360. Warpath can do this as well as elevate to 25degrees! (yes, I measured it).
    Is there another alt-mode tank (or something resembling a tank) that can do this? (probably...)
    Make sure you don't miss out on this figure, especially if your boat is not being floated by the DOTM range.
    TF Figs of 2023:
    1) WnR Springer
    2) Legacy Bludgeon
    3) Legacy Leo Prime/Nemesis Leo Prime.

They've been doing tanks really well recently.
    If you haven't got him i would recommend Generations Darkmount, he has the same turret ability.
    His transformation is more involved, he has more kibble - but he looks great in both modes.
    I wasn't expecting to like him at all, but he turned out to be one of my favourite figures from last year.

thanks to STL that i'll get mine soon