Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ironman movie (semi review)

TheDirtyDigger Guest

Just got back. Pretty cool. Not as high as my expectations but still awesome.

Like Tf I would have enjoyed seeing less humans and more Iron.

It was freaking awesome, watch it.
    Loved it!! Just how what i was expecting.

Wished there were more battling though, was left a bit dry.

Pulse is offline Rank 1 - New or Inactive

I saw it today on the spur of the moment & I've only got 2 words to describe it...

Friggin' Awesome!!!

SPOILERS AHEAD

The beginning seemed a little weird in how they started with Stark being captured & then they showed the preceeding 36 hours, & then back to Tony being captured again (I guess they had to grab the audience's attention first)

I lurved how the seeds were planted for War Machine & the last line of the movie, but like Spidey 3 with Venom, the name "Iron Monger" was spoken of only in the context of what Stark Industries had become - & not referring to Obadiah Stane's creation in it's own right.

Ooh, I can't wait for Iron Man 2

I was a bit annoyed at how long the creation of Iron man took and at how short the final battle was. It spent more time on Tony rather than iron man. It alsmost felt a bit like a pilot episode in a way as a LOT of the movie was designed to lead onto better things in a sequel.

I am getting a bit tired of seeing all these movies made as part of something bigger. It makes some of them feel half done.

That said, I did enjoy it quite a bit! The bits where Iron man was flying about was cool and Tony Stark was amusing enough to avoid boredom setting in. Stay until the very end of the credits as there is a bit extra there too. (but not if its the last show of the night)

Overall, worth the money I spent. The missus enjoyed it too, which I didn't expect so I see that as a bonus mark to it.

Loved it.

great movie...even got the toy thanks to lcz128...

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    Stay until the very end of the credits as there is a bit extra there too. (but not if its the last show of the night)
    I wish I known that before I saw it. I read up why and oh man I wish I had stayed!

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    I wish I known that before I saw it. I read up why and oh man I wish I had stayed!
    I'm going to go watch it a second time...

I liked it. I think it's one of the best Marvel movies out there. I still think it falls behind Batman in terms of being a superhero movie but damn, it was very well done. All the characters were very well fleshed out. The trade off I felt was that you didn't get anywhere enough epic action scenes. That fight at the end had some seriously mundane phases.

cant wait to see the next Ironman 2 and have War Machine.... (if i'm correct)