3 8.33%
  • Four

1 2.78%
  • Five or more

2 5.56%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How many is enough?

I only buy one of each toy. I tried thinking about how many i'd need of each toy in order to display all configurations but it got to much.

The only 2 times i ended up with more then one I gave to my nephews(total regret) and the second time was I got a second Cybertron Thundercracker who i repainted into Skywarp.

Quote Originally Posted by LordCyrusOmega View Post
    I only buy one of each toy. I tried thinking about how many i'd need of each toy in order to display all configurations but it got to much.
    I do that with variants. e.g.: e-Hobby Astrotrain in robot mode, TFC Astrotrain in train mode, original G1 Astrotrain in space shuttle mode.

A slightly different twist on this - when to quit while your on holiday in another country and are limited on how much you can take back in your suitcase.

So far I have purchased
    18 deluxes
    4 Voyagers
    4 Battle in Space sets
    22 Legends
    6 Scouts

and various cheap Iron Man toys

I can fix 12 Deluxes in my suitcase .. so im not sure how I am getting the others back..

One. That said if a toy I really like breaks I'll rebuy it - this happened with HtfD Tomahawk, RotF Brakedown, Animated Starscream, Rid Prowl.

There are some that I have more than one of at a time - Robotmasters R Blade I got two of because a) its one of my favourite molds in the best paint scheme that you can find it in and b) it was cheap. One of the more traumatic experiences I had as a child was losing my G2 Hooligan so I didn't want it to happen again so I got one as a spare. It's still MISB like 6 years later. I've also got two Universe Sunstreakers because again I wanted one spare because I thought it was going to be an amazing toy (it was so so). Oh and two Shattered Glass Cyclonuses (Cycloni?) for the same reason.

I have two Movie Swindles and three Dreadwings through a mix up with a case assortment I ordered from BBTS.
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

The only time I've bought more than one of the exact same Transformer is with the Sweeps. Well, they haven't arrived yet but I should be receiving 3 Generations Scourge's in the next few weeks. In this instance, I believe the purchases can be justified (I'm treating them as re-formatted Insecticons and will be making minor changes to make each individual).

Even if I wanted to army build, I'd do it with variants. e.g.: My G1 Insecticon army consists of -- G1 Insecticons, reissue Insecticons, e-Hobby Insecticlones. I have an army of Clone Troopers but none of them are the exact same toy.

One of the Warpaths in this photo is G1, the other is a reissue. And you can see 3 different versions of G1 Kickback - eHobby, G1 and reissue.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippo View Post
    A slightly different twist on this - when to quit while your on holiday in another country and are limited on how much you can take back in your suitcase.

So far I have purchased
    18 deluxes
    4 Voyagers
    4 Battle in Space sets
    22 Legends
    6 Scouts

and various cheap Iron Man toys

I can fix 12 Deluxes in my suitcase .. so im not sure how I am getting the others back..
    I totally understand this. When I was in Japan... I had more toys than I had space in my suitcase, backpack, duffel bag and camera bag. Hell of a juggle and Predaking still had to be sent to me through the post. LOL

1 is enough for most purchases. If there is a repaint I might not buy it or buy it and keep it sealed. A lot of things I just won't buy because the price isn't right or the size is off putting.
    I think there is a strong line up of characters released in the Generations line and RTS, they are awesome enough to buy 2 of each but only on certain characters. If the packaging is in pristine condition and the box art is nice its good to have a small MISB collection as well as the loose toys. I buy one initially and If I'm happy I'll consider buying another to have MISB, but not straight away , I think maybe I'll wait for a sale, I can second guess and change my mind. This way I'm not loading myself up with stuff I'll need to off load later. Also others have a chance to buy.

One is enough but if the character is shown to be in the toons or other media as potential army build then I try to get more -e.g. Energon Terrorcons, Cyb. Scrapmetal, Sweeps, Insecticons. I only get a second figure if
    a) the original which Ive opened broke
    b) looks like it will have parts that will break due to play - something that happens easy nowadays with the current plastic hands these toys have.
    c) a variant that im happy to keep MISB/MISC - Seeker Dirge and Thrust
    d) I want to have a fresher version of the toy - e.g Encore series toy
    e) ordered extra by mistake and didnt have time to correct it til I got the toys now - e.g Encore Omega Supreme - I still have 1 MISB which I really dont mind.

UNicron's Horde part in my collection - Cyb Scrapmetals, terrorcon clones, Cyb Unicron siege tanks

Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]