Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: More G1 KO Cassettes including the Japanese Dinos?!

Cat is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Bowspearer - A) Good on you.

B) BUT I'd suggest removing the post. The guy from KOToys is a vindictive arsehole known for harassment and insanity.

Save yourself any potential drama, IMO. It's just not worth the risk.

C) Marry me.

bowspearer Guest

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    What... so Hasbro are allowing KO Toys to keep their site live in order to flog-off the remainder of their stock out of sheer kindness Hasbro have been aware of KO Toys and where they operate from for years.
    Who knows, I never heard back from Hasbro, so maybe it's just a coincidence. On the other hand, maybe there were rumblings and KO Toys got nervous. Maybe my phone call had nothing do do with what has gone down. I just like the thought of potentially having made a difference here. Even if I didn't. it was still worth it and I'm still proud of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cat View Post
    Bowspearer - A) Good on you.
    Thanks, it was partly self serving though as this was bound to affect me as a collector and other collectors down the track.

B) BUT I'd suggest removing the post. The guy from KOToys is a vindictive arsehole known for harassment and insanity.

Save yourself any potential drama, IMO. It's just not worth the risk.
    Last I checked, Australia has extradition treaties with China (where I believe he resides),the USA and Canada. If he ever got to violent and threatening, I'd simply contact the AFP . At that point I'm fairly certain there would be grounds there for him to be refused entry if he ever did come over here, so I should be pretty safe. Besides if I got any abusive emails, I'd simply block him and report him to his ISPs.

After having another psychopath by the name of Don Murphy (yes, Transformers movie producer Don Murphy), to the point where he even pretended to be me to vandalise Wikipedia articles he didn't like while constantly harassing me on AIM; I can handle this guy.

C) Marry me.
    I'm flattered, but I suspect that if I entertain the notion, my girlfriend will murder me.

Now I'm crushed, man.

EDIT: But seriously, at the very least, PLEASE edit out some of the info you passed along, as your statements provide VERY good ideas of how the guy can start operating again.
    Last edited by Cat; 4th December 2011 at 03:29 AM.

bowspearer Guest

But seriously, at the very least, PLEASE edit out some of the info you passed along, as your statements provide VERY good ideas of how the guy can start operating again.
    I've edited it, but it's gone viral in a way with multiple people on here and on the Seibertron boards quoting and discussing it.

That said, if the guy has even half a brain, he'll see that replicating the packaging to the point where scammers get a free pass, not only makes enemies out of HasTak, but also of the very fans and collectors they want to sell to.

The irony of this is I went from wanting to buy a set of Dino cassettes, to reporting them to Hasbro, all because of that packaging issue. There's a lesson for them to learn there if they really do want to operate successfully.

Quote Originally Posted by bowspearer View Post
    At the risk of turning myself into a pariah in the fandom again, I have a confession to make. After I got banned from KO Toys' forums for voicing concerns over there being no intentionally built in differences between the KO Dino cassettes they were making and the genuine article, I did an IP check and found out their website was hosted in the US. About a week and a half ago, I used the international minutes on my mobile to report them the Hasbro, including giving them their IP address, and website address. Looks like they acted pretty swiftly on this one.

Some people might hate me for this, but I'm proud of what I did and I'd do it again. Contrary to their claims, KO Toys were giving scammers cart blanche to pass off fakes as genuine G1 Toys, which has even proven true in at least one eBay auction for the Dino Cassettes.

HasTak certainly need to get better with their reissues, and there's certainly a market for access to these molds. However if someone is genuinely about "filling gaps" then this needs to be done in such a way that scammers can't rip people off in the process.
    I thought they were closing due to internal problems nothing to do with Hasbro. As it has already been said, Hasbro is not ignorant of KOToys and other websites promoting KOs, they just choose to do nothing about it.

bowspearer Guest

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    I thought they were closing due to internal problems nothing to do with Hasbro. As it has already been said, Hasbro is not ignorant of KOToys and other websites promoting KOs, they just choose to do nothing about it.
    Maybe the phone call had nothing to do with it. However there was some other information I found and provided them with (which I have since edited to remove) which would have made taking them down dead easy for Hasbro to do.

Nah, that was definitely not it.

Likely - if it were hasbro, Chimungmung and Chms would be going too and there would be a good chance of some sort of press release.

The guy probably went mad from all the money he has made

Give it a few months and notkotoys.com will be up.

KOToys = closing down.

Good riddance to bad rubbish.
    Lol that's actually pretty good news. No more depreciation in value of our beloved vintage G1's!

Quote Originally Posted by bowspearer View Post
    Maybe the phone call had nothing to do with it. However there was some other information I found and provided them with (which I have since edited to remove) which would have made taking them down dead easy for Hasbro to do.
    Nah man. Don't go acting all one-man-army / it-was-all-me / rambo on the announcement of kotoys closing. We all know heavenly forces were truly at work here.

Quote Originally Posted by Skullcruncher View Post
    The guy probably went mad from all the money he has made

Give it a few months and notkotoys.com will be up.
    Lolll

KOToys = closing down.

Good riddance to bad rubbish.
    Amen