Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Overseas Sightings: China

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Sam: I've been told that even regular post via China Mail is expensive -- and we're thinking about sending a big box (maybe two) back home cos we got lots of things to send back for my wife and daughter - so I might chuck Wasp Buzzerbot and the reissue Seacons (minus Piranacon's parts which I'll bring back personally) into the package(s). Because it's gonna be a large parcel, we're looking at using the cheapest and slowest option... probably unregistered cos we've already spent a considerable amount on this trip as it is.
    But unregistered mail is a bit of a risk if the items you are sending is precious to you...

What about the option of sending it first to Hong Kong (have you any relatives or friends that could hold it temporarily there?), and then sending it from Hong Kong to Australia? I think mail from Hong Kong is more reliable (and perhaps cheaper) ?

Swoop: sorry, haven't seen any Super Link weapons. Because I'm now struggling with space, if I get anymore Transformers for other people then they'll need to pay for postage. You can either piggy back on our big SAL parcels to save on costs, or send it directly which will cost more.
    Its ok Gok I didin't want you to pick anything up for me I was just curious if you had seen them.
    Hunting:
    Beast Wars/Machines/Neo/Second

Metalhawk for $300!!! WOW!!!! ouch on those prices for scourge and wheeljack, jeebus and here I thought we are getting screwed in pricing here. Good luck finding Frenzy/Rumble they've run out everywhere
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Did a search in Xiamen today... lots and lots of KOs. Found a few legit TFs, but most are old ROTF stock (although Animated Lugnut was seriously shelfwarming at one store and they were flogging them off for 30% off... didn't bother to find out what the price was). So I felt totally exasperated after searching this big shopping centre called SM... so I walked out feeling rather low and turned left to catch a taxi back to my hotel - then I had the sudden compunction to turn right and look straight ahead across the road -- and there I saw it... a TOYS R US!! The first TRU I've ever seen in China! It shone like a radiant beacon of hope amid the darkness. So like a moth to the flame, I was drawn.

Nothing there that I wanted. Some interesting items included TRU exclusive The Voyager repaint (the orange one - looks silly, though not as silly as in pictures... didn't buy it but ) and the repainted Scout Class 2-packs, e.g. Beachcomber Vs Deadlift. But I passed. Walked away empty handed which felt even more deflating after beholding TRU had totally worked me up! <sigh>

This feels like toy hunting back home now! Grr!

Default TF shopping in Shanghai

Does anyone know how easy it is to go TF shopping in Shanghai? As in, can I use the metro system to get to locations that sell the stuff? Also, anyone have the lowdown on what locations?

I went to Toys R Us at Fuzhou in Fujian Province on Thursday and sighted the following:
    + Generations Cliffjumper (retool of FE Cliffjumper w/ G1 style head)
    + Generations Wildrider (redeco of ROTF Breakdown)
    + MP Acid Storm & Soundwave (albeit at above AU RRP)
    + FE Vehicon
    + FE Bulkhead
    + TFPRiD Arcee, Hot Shot
    + TFPRiD Cyberverse figures, including some new redecos I haven't seen in AU
    + G1 reissues (Hasbro ver.): Ultra Magnus, Astrotrain, Soundwave, Optimus Prime (it's "Pinkimus Prime" but in the same style box as the first Hasbro reissue OP)
    + Arms Micron Unicron armour x Optimus Prime
    + YotS Optimus Prime
    + YotS Omega Supreme
    + Generations Metroplex

P.S.: They also had the Generations Scouts which seemed pricey for what they were, so I passed. They only had Optimus Prime and Bumblebee, neither of which interest me.
    Last edited by GoktimusPrime; 5th October 2013 at 05:48 PM.

I went to Toys R Us at Fuzhou in Fujian Province on Thursday and sighted the following:
    + FE Vehicon
    + FE Bulkhead
    + TFPRiD Arcee, Hot Shot
    + G1 reissues (Hasbro ver.): Ultra Magnus, Astrotrain, Soundwave, Optimus Prime (it's "Pinkimus Prime" but in the same style box as the first Hasbro reissue OP)
    + YotS Optimus Prime
    + YotS Omega Supreme
    + Generations Metroplex

P.S.: They also had the Generations Scouts which seemed pricey for what they were, so I passed. They only had Optimus Prime and Bumblebee, neither of which interest me.

They had UM and Astrotrain in HK as well, also Rodimus and Sideswipe. They were really cool-looking. Wish I found an Op though in HK, not too fussed on my colours.

中国人?
    + FE Vehicon
    + FE Bulkhead
    + TFPRiD Arcee, Hot Shot
    + YotS Optimus Prime
    + YotS Omega Supreme
    + Generations Metroplex

KELPIE is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

The usual spot I go to in Shanghai has cleared out all the older stuff, platinum Trypticon, Insecticons, PoP, etc.

They now have the gold Soundwave, Big Powered ($150 Aussie, tempted), waves 1 & 2 of Siege a whole heap of Studio Series and a bunch of those evergreen figures that you never see anywhere.