View Poll Results: Who 'plays' with their Transformers?

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, always - There's a WFC battle happening right now!

3 7.89%
  • Yes, occasionally - Just due to boredom...

4 10.53%
  • Yes, occasionally - Due to... (other excuse - please specify)

14 36.84%
  • No, never - You guys are just weird!!!

6 15.79%
  • No, never - These aren't toys, they're display pieces

12 31.58%
  • No, never - I don't even open them up (MISB/MOSC collector)

5 13.16%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Who 'plays' with their Transformers?

@Gok - I think this entire thread discussion was directed at everyone except you! We all know where you stand in terms of 'playing' with Tfs.

All good mate, whatever floats your boat - I was just curious whether I was alone or whether there were many out there like me (who don't play with their toys).

Quote Originally Posted by Vector Prime View Post
    @Gok - I think this entire thread discussion was directed at everyone except you! We all know where you stand in terms of 'playing' with Tfs.

All good mate, whatever floats your boat - I was just curious whether I was alone or whether there were many out there like me (who don't play with their toys).
    I'm pretty sure you really didn't need to create this thread to find this out...

But it's been interesting to see the various adventures TFs get up to in real life, such as this one

Quote Originally Posted by Gutsman Heavy View Post
    Gears got stuck in my girlfriends (of that time) cleavage, I sent warpath in to blast him free. Blammo! Now that's playing!

Quote Originally Posted by loophole View Post
    pics or it didn't happen
    Nice try.

Quote Originally Posted by Vector Prime View Post
    But Goki wants to play too!

Anyway, I particularly wanted to clarify that "playing" is more than just senseless fighting. Sometimes it is though -- depends on whether or not I have the time to create a story campaign... so time's often dependent on how complex a story can get or not. For instance, due to the constraints of being overseas atm I've been playing this campaign -- it started off as an excuse to play with my Autobots in the absence of any Decepticon toys, now it's an excuse for my one Decepticon to "roam around" fighting a different Autobot each play session. Because my play time is very limited here (i.e. it's only when I'm back in our apartment and the baby's sleeping ), there's not much of a story happening and the so-called "story" has become an excuse for Lugnut to fight a different Autobot each play session.

So I won't deny that there aren't times when it is pretty much just fighting... heh. But other times, if I have the time, I try to make more of a story. Not to say that my stories are any good... but they're about as good as most fan fics I've read -- they're never intended for an audience - just stuff I make up as I play along. But video gaming can be similar. I don't game much, but when I do - I prefer to play story campaign missions if I have the time, but usually I don't, so I often play "mindless" fight modes. I used to play lots of more drawn out story campaigns with my toys when I was single w/ no kids.

It's interesting how playing a "mindless" fight game like Counterstrike or Street Fighter is seen as being more socially acceptable than playing a fight session with toys. Somehow an adult playing with video games has become more accepted than an adult playing with toys. I prefer toys.

Quote Originally Posted by Lint View Post
    I'm pretty sure you really didn't need to create this thread to find this out...
    Yes, why wouldn't I?

Gok is an exception since he makes it blatantly obvious that he 'plays' with his toys, others may not express it as publicly as he does (by posts, photos, etc), so in a way, there may be more people out there that still share the same special bond with their childhood.

This is not intended to be a witch hunt - it's merely a thread created for fun and to find out whether most adult collectors (which we are) 'play' with their toys.

I think this is proof that playing with your 'toys' will make you go blind

jk Goki
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

"My ding-a-ling, my ding-a-ling, I want you to play with my ding-a-ling!" - Ralph Wiggum

*ahem*

Anyway, so far 57% of voters have said "Yes" to playing.

When I'm bored and need to think creatively I whip out a Transformer and start playing with it - really gets the juices flowing...

Quote Originally Posted by SkyWarp91 View Post
    When I'm bored and need to think creatively I whip out a Transformer and start playing with it - really gets the juices flowing...
    Haha! Substitute "a Transformer" in the above sentence for pretty much anything you like. Immature hilarity ensues!