Thread: 2011 OTCA Christmas Appeal warmup

Default 2011 OTCA Christmas Appeal warmup

This idea was started by STL last year.

I certainly don't want to steal his idea, but I was thinking there is a lot of good toys on special at the moment, with all the clearances on.

Thought I might suggest that if people feel so inclined they might like to pick up a legend/scout/deluxe and hold onto it for a few months until the drive proper starts later in the year.

Anyway, just putting it out there, I wouldn't go so far as to buy a kid a chopsaw or movie ravage but there are plenty of other figures on sale that are worthy of a gift to an unlucky young stranger.

Cheers

Good time to start it. I was actually thinking about this the other day.

Sadly I don't have any spare funds atm, not until July when I will start buying stuff.

I'll act as the collection person again for any NSW people that want to help out this year.

And because we have longer to get things organised this year, we can look at getting the toys sent to one or 2 nominated charities in each state I think.

its not even easter yet :P

but this year i have that scout windcharger to donate yay!
    Last edited by kaiden; 21st April 2011 at 11:41 AM.

Great work, guys! It'd been in the back of my mind as well given all the clearances going on but I'd failed to get aroudn to posting it. Glad someone's on the ball more than me.

So if anyone wants to donate this year and doesn't mind holding onto it for a few months, now is a good time!
    Collection Count (w/ a 12.42% upsize): 3053
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs
    Current Desires: Japanese BW Optimal Optimus
    The Holy Grail: Ultmetal Optimus Prime

Visit the Wonderful World of: The Iacon City Hub-Capital Collection

I have four ROTF Lockdowns just sitting there in boxes... I guess that I can part with them for a good cause

Another great donation idea on the cheap:

Quote Originally Posted by LambOfPrimus View Post
    Target Waurn Ponds had Transformers Vault for $29 - score!
    and both targets in Geelong had all non-dotm deluxes for $9.87 including reveal the shield. They also have legend class devastator for $9.87. And to add to the pleasure, Pcc 5 packs are $9.87. Some really awesome bargains and I'm assuming all targets have it.
    There were a dozen left at Greensy. I'll drop by on Thursday night and pick up a few if still there for this.
    Collection Count (w/ a 12.42% upsize): 3053
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs
    Current Desires: Japanese BW Optimal Optimus
    The Holy Grail: Ultmetal Optimus Prime

Visit the Wonderful World of: The Iacon City Hub-Capital Collection