Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: Neca Gremlin Figures.

Quote Originally Posted by Autocon View Post
    Whats the quality like on these? How are the eyes, they seemed flimsy in packaging
    The eyes on the Mogwai are honestly very tedious & annoying ; the "Articulated Eyes" gimmick doesn't quite work all too well, it's a royal pain in the ass to try & get them into a position that doesn't look retarded - Keeping them like that is another matter entirely!

The Gremlins however have painted eyes which don't move, this is probably for the better actually as they don't suffer the issues the Mogwai do and they end up looking SO much more life like - George's eyes look absolutely amazing in my opinion.

Recently my Mohawk had his Right arm fall off whilst I was looking at him on my desk, then a couple of days later my Lenny decided to take a 6ft shelf-dive onto my hardwood floor & snapped his left foot off...

...these losses are somewhat offset by the arrival of this guy :

This figure was extremely delayed in its release, going well-past the original release date solicited in the initial preorder, it too was completely devoid of any instructions much like the ED-209 which I think is rather poor for what NECA dubs its "Deluxe 7"-scale figure line" - of which ED & Spider-Mohawk are the 1st two release of.

• Instructions on how to put the legs together were/are essential ; the trick is softening the plastic at the ends of the leg section's already attached to the figure, that form the sockets for the balls on the detached sections, with hot/boiling water - OTHERWISE you'll literally grind out the socket, rendering it impossible to connect the legs and leaving you with an expensive waist of money.

This figure is amazing to look at, though, and has plenty of articulation; including a hinged waist, jaw, abdomen joints & twin-ball "Bar-bell" neck joint - Exquisite paint applications and an absolutely extraordinary sculpt.
    I absolutely adore this mutant-Gremlin as it was one of my favourite aspects of the movie; it's so photogenic and the amount of poses one can achieve is far broader than one might've otherwise expected, every where you look on this guy there's another little detail you didn't notice before - I highly recommend its purchase as you wont be disappointed.
    (It IS heavily reliant on that stand however as the legs cannot support its weight, a pity it wasn't all clear/transparent )

NECA still have 4 Gremlin molds that they're yet to make available and the sad thing is they're apparently likely to never see release - If this is the case and their line of "Gremlins 2: The New Batch" figures are to come to an end?...

...what a way to head of into the sunset.

I.....I...........luuuurrrve iiiiiit!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Will you get replacements for the other two broken ones?

Quote Originally Posted by Autocon View Post
    Will you get replacements for the other two broken ones?
    Hehe, glad you dug those shots dude - They're some of my more recent favourites actually.

I do intend to replace the pair, if & when I can't afford to - Still really disappointed that they keep falling over and breaking because they can't support their own weight, Spider-Mohawk having a stand is an absolute blessing!

it looks really nice...there so much detail in the paint apps ....

Has anyone got the new ultimate Gremlin?

Nice thread necro. Didn't know this thread existed. Some lovely pics here.

I've got the Ultimate Gizmo which is pretty good as I don't have any others.

Quote Originally Posted by BruiseLee View Post
    Nice thread necro. Didn't know this thread existed. Some lovely pics here.

I've got the Ultimate Gizmo which is pretty good as I don't have any others.
    If I get the new ultimate spike and gremlin I might have to get Gizmo too...because I have no self control.

Are these new figures by neca?

Neca has just released a whole new set of ultimate figures for the first gremlins movie.