Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Neca Gremlin Figures.

Default Neca Gremlin Figures.

UPDATE!

Courtesy of UGO.com from Toyfair 2011:

The Mogwai

The Gremlins!

Oh Hell Yeah!
    I will damn be getting the lot of these guys, especially both forms of Mohawk!
    Here is a quick write-up of the NECA Gremlins exhibit, found here.

Gremlins: This line has become an unexpected hit at Toys R Us, and NECA has a ton of product planned for 2011. There will be two series of Mogwai, one in spring and one in summer, followed by a series of Gremlins in the fall:

Series 1
    Gizmo
    George
    Lenny

Series 2
    Combat Gizmo
    Mohawk
    Daffy

Series 3 (not confirmed)
    Flasher Gremlin
    Green Gremlin
    Brown Gremlin
    George

But the big daddy of them all was the huge Mohawk Spider Gremlin, which was something I think Gremlins fans have been waiting for ever since NECA started the line. Now all we need is the Gargoyle Gremlin (with alternate stone version).
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just saw this over at ToyArk.com and man...

Do I want these guys or what!

I love both of these movies and these guys would be awesome to put next to my 'After Midnight' Mohawk!
    Does anyone else share my interest in these guys or any of the previous releases?
    Last edited by Hursticon; 30th April 2011 at 09:39 PM.

Love em, want em! I loved these movies growing up. They are the pure embodiment of chaos.
    Even though the second one had more comedy I love the other forms they took on after crashing the genetics lab. Bat Gremlin was the coolest but who could forget the Spider?

Quote Originally Posted by LordCyrusOmega View Post
    Love em, want em! I loved these movies growing up. They are the pure embodiment of chaos.
    Even though the second one had more comedy I love the other forms they took on after crashing the genetics lab. Bat Gremlin was the coolest but who could forget the Spider?
    Indeed, I like how they incorporated an 'Aliens' type approach to form and ability albeit with Genetic Modification as opposed Hereditary Inheritance.

I didn't mind the comedy either, as bad as Hulk Hogan is, I did like Spider-Mohawk, Bat-Gremlin, Vege-Gremlin, Electro-Gremlin and even The Brain, but my all time favourite is definitely this guy:

And is hence why I really want to get my hands on that 'Mogwai' version!

The original bad guy Spike. Brings back memories. You have just inspired me to watch them again tonight

The original bad guy Spike. Brings back memories. You have just inspired me to watch them again tonight
    Was it Spike or Stripe?

You see, I wish they'd do a version of Spike/Stripe like my Mohawk above except retaining his Mogwai (Fur opposed to Flesh) Hairstyle, I find the proportions of the original batch to be a little too... Bobblehead-y? - If you know what I mean.

I myself have 4 Critter movies to watch.

Very nice.

I only have one Gremlin figure, the smart one from Gremlins Two, but My cousin collects Gremlin figures (thanks largely to me and other friends feeding his collections at Xmas and birthdays), so I'll have to keep an eye on these.

Me too. Oddly enough after re-watching the movies at an older age I prefer Gremlins two, while the comedy is quite corny, the film is really a satire of both Gremlins one and the Hollywood sequel in general. Everything is bigger and better, and its clear the director was aware of how ludicrous most sequels of the era were. I particularly love the parts where leonard Maltin starts reading his real life review of Gremlins, only to be shanghaied by the monsters, and the part where the control room officer is asking Billy questions about timezones and exposing the obvious plot holes about eating after midnight.

Anyway there both classics in there own right, I hope Hollywood never remakes them.

Hursticon: It was Stripe in the first one and I think Spike in the second. Watching the first one now, Girlfriend keeps asking me if this is meant to be a kids show.

Can't wait to get to the second one. I'll offer my thoughts when it's fresh in my mind.

I warned you not to feed him after midnight!

I don't remember much of these movies (obviously because they were before my time haha), but I do remember the second(??) one where they're in a shopping centre and there is a spider-gremlin?

I just remember that one because gizmo wears a bandanna and shoots a flaming arrow at it :P

Too Cool

Hursticon: It was Stripe in the first one and I think Spike in the second. Watching the first one now, Girlfriend keeps asking me if this is meant to be a kids show.

Can't wait to get to the second one. I'll offer my thoughts when it's fresh in my mind.
    I thought it was stripe!
    I do love the first movie for it's dark tone and I kinda of wonder what could've been if Spielberg had never touched it - Apparently in the original script, it called for Billy's Mum to have her head ripped off and thrown down the stairs as he enters the house! - Man that'd of been awesome!

I do believe the second head honcho of the bad guys is Mohawk because that is what it said on the packaging of that figure I posted before, I believe it was to pay homage to the original leader - Just meaner.

Quote Originally Posted by KillinSpoon View Post
    I warned you not to feed him after midnight!

I don't remember much of these movies (obviously because they were before my time haha), but I do remember the second(??) one where they're in a shopping centre and there is a spider-gremlin?

I just remember that one because gizmo wears a bandanna and shoots a flaming arrow at it :P
    LOL, that's cool man - at least you know of them because a lot of people your age around where I live would be like: "Gremo-what?"
    You're definitely thinking of the second movie dude and yeah, when Gizmo dons the Bandanna, ala Rambo , it is probably the closest he comes to being the character he was supposed to be - The bad guy!