Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Crossfire Combaticons

It's been a while so here is some more proof of concept tests for making this Autobot PCC mold into a suitable 'Crossfire' Brawl.

In order to make the PCC figure more Brawl like, I have done some digibashes to test if color changes can make the head look more like G1 Brawl's.

G1 reference - Goal is to get the head as close as possible to this:

1 - PCC Heavytread out package:

2 - Crossfire Brawl with only color changes:

3 - Crossfire Brawl with minor visor changes to define the eyes and perhaps a more 'evil' look - There are no mold changes just painted detailing:

So which is better 2 or 3? Or should I just leave it as is (1)?

Thumbs up

reminds me of master chief :P

i dont have a preference between 2 & 3 though sorry.
    Last edited by kaiden; 8th July 2011 at 12:15 PM.

2 looks good

#3 looks good but I'd question it's practicality. The visor is small and I think you'd need a steady hand and a really fine brush to accomplish it.

For my PCC Brawl I went with a version of #2, but if you think you can accomplish #3, go for it!

3 looks best IMO. Something I may do soon as well.

Thanks guys for your views. I will think about it more after I figure out how to incorporate the Energon port into the toy.

Quote Originally Posted by snaketales View Post
    #3 looks good but I'd question it's practicality. The visor is small and I think you'd need a steady hand and a really fine brush to accomplish it.
    I have this covered - You can disassemble the head by removing the 'face' forward half and get full access to the visor. It was actually designed as a light-pipe but Hasbro has molded it in solid plastic for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by kaiden View Post
    reminds me of master chief :P
    lol I didn't think of that until you mentioned it. He does look like Master Chief!

I'd go with 3. Btw, doesn't Heavytread have an Autobot logo somewhere?

Also, I got mine from Woolies for $12-something, and still saw some at another Woolies earlier today. Dunno how that compares with Big W's prices - but anyway, this toy seems easy enough to find at a decent price. And it is a pretty neat to! The baby blue PCC connectors are annoying, but this toy manages to conceal some of them fairly well.

And is he the first Transformer to transform into an Israeli tank?

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I'd go with 3. Btw, doesn't Heavytread have an Autobot logo somewhere?

Also, I got mine from Woolies for $12-something, and still saw some at another Woolies earlier today. Dunno how that compares with Big W's prices - but anyway, this toy seems easy enough to find at a decent price. And it is a pretty neat to! The baby blue PCC connectors are annoying, but this toy manages to conceal some of them fairly well.

And is he the first Transformer to transform into an Israeli tank?
    Thanks, I am also leaning towards #3 but I think that I will do another digibash with a different color variation that may get the head closer to Brawl's.

He does have a very subtle Autobot logo but it is very easy to rub it off or put a Decepticon sticker on top of it.

I have removed the PCC ports from mine as they no longer serve a purpose since I am re-purposing the toy as Brawl - That is the only reason of why I bought him hence this thread.

Although it is possible to 'combine' the toy into Bruticus almost out of the box, it is another story to integrate the Energon port into the figure to avoid 'extra' parts and also to make him more playable.

How is this?

As you can see, I have removed the Autobot symbol:

Here you can see where I have 'incorporated the Energon port in the robot mode. You can see that I have filled in the gaps with custom made 'putty' plates to grip the mold's 'leg pegs' and allow friction for better articulation and stability.

I gave him a silver Decepticon Symbol where G1 Brawl's rub sign used to be. I wanted to use a purple symbol but didn't have one the correct size. Due to the 'shiny', you can't really see it in the photo:

Although it can look a bit odd, it is good to know that you can use the individual xFire weapons in tank mode:

Energon port incorporated into the Tank mode:

You can also use the other xFire gun in this mode:

Combined - He now has much greater stability as the tank leg is no where near as loose as before although it does not ratchet. Still, he still has the full range of 'knee' movement as the Energon Brawl.

I also strengthen the foot joint so it's much more stiff which helps with stability. A side effect is that on this leg you get much better ankle movement than the regular Brawl as the foot can now rotate.