Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Crossfire Combaticons

Default Crossfire Combaticons

A couple of days ago Lord_Zed mentioned to me that Powercore Combiner Heavytread would make a pretty cool Brawl if he was able to combine. I begun to have a look at pictures and wondered if this was indeed possible.

So I bought one today and...

This is pretty much out of the box, all that I did was just remove the Energon port from the spare Hasbro Swindle and place it in the gap at the back of the tank (you need to remove that 'butt' panel but that is ridiculously easy). The foot attaches to that fold out peg the PCC figure has at the front of the tank mode so no customization required there.

As you can see, he retains full ankle and knee articulation (as far as the Onslaught mold allows anyhow):

As a lucky coincidence, PCC Heavytread and the 'Energon' mold Brawl are pretty much 1:1 in size so both legs would be the same length when combined. I am amazed at how unintentionally suitable and accomodating this PCC mold is for this gestalt combination.

All that I need to do now is make sure that the Energon combiner port attaches in the back gap of the tank more securely and get rid of all those obnoxious PCC blue ports and we are ready to rock!

Here is some robot mode comparisons to show that the PCC mold is indeed suitable as a Classics/Crossfire Brawl:

Last edited by kup; 28th April 2011 at 11:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    A couple of days ago Lord_Zed mentioned to me that Powercore Combiner Heavytread would make a pretty cool Brawl if he was able to combine. I begun to have a look at pictures and wondered if this was indeed possible.

So I bought one today and...

This is pretty much out of the box, all that I did was just remove the Energon port from the spare Hasbro Swindle and place it in the gap at the back of the tank (you need to remove that 'butt' panel but that is ridiculously easy). The foot attaches to that fold out peg the PCC figure has at the front of the tank mode so no customization required there.

As you can see, he retains full ankle and knee articulation (as far as the Onslaught mold allows anyhow):

As a lucky coincidence, PCC Heavytread and the 'Energon' mold Brawl are pretty much 1:1 in size so both legs would be the same length when combined. I am amazed at how unintentionally suitable and accomodating this PCC mold is for this gestalt combination.

All that I need to do now is make sure that Energon combiner port attaches in the back gap of the tank more securely and get rid of all those obnoxious PCC blue ports and we are ready to rock!

Here is some robot mode comparisons to show that the PCC mold is indeed suitable as a Classics/Crossfire Brawl:

(kisses your feet)

Now I gotta find this toy

NIce one kup, there was a thread about this I read a few days ago here... posted a link to tfw2000 about someone who did the same thing you just did. Sweet!!
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Cool! Now I just have to get my Bruticus out of storage so I can try it.

Somehow I think there's going to be a shortage of PCC Heavytreads shortly

Quote Originally Posted by liegeprime View Post
    NIce one kup, there was a thread about this I read a few days ago here... posted a link to tfw2000 about someone who did the same thing you just did. Sweet!!
    I missed that but anyhow, I am glad I heard of the possibility of doing this as it's pretty cool!

There are a couple of flaws - one being that the Energon port would end up being a detachable 'combiner' part rather than being properly built into the figure and the other that some minor mods need to be done so that the energon port attaches more securely to the tank and perhaps strengthen the joint on the front tank peg (if needed) for added stability.

However to achieve combination as seen in the photos, you do not need to mod anything. It's just disassembly of the Energon figure to remove the port and that is super easy.

A tiny nuisance would be that for some straight leg poses you need to move the turret a little bit but this is more in the realm of nitpicking.

Yeah the guy in tfw did this but I dont know how he secured the energon port, supposedly its now attached to the PCC figure , but he was quite vague in his discription ( for me it was) and not much pics to show what he did ( like a step by step kinda shots)....yeah the annoying blue tabs must go heheheh
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

I never thought it would be so easy.

I'll have to try this out on the weekend.

omg i went to big w today and bought this, played with it a bit this afternoon and thought to myself - this would be a good brawl.

great pics kup!

Note that I mentioned "Hasbro Swindle" as the source of the Energon port - That is not completely correct, I grabbed that from a custom I made a couple of years ago from an Energon combiner tank I changed into Swindle. However take note that the Energon ports on the tank and Helicopter molds are suitable as they are the same.

Some time in the near future, I will make a proper tutorial on how to do this including some extra mods for increased stability and removing those damn PCC ports. As the thread title mentions, this is just the proof of concept and it passes

Wow!
    That is ridiculous how 'fitting' that PCC really is and how well it works!
    Well done to both yourself Kup and Lord_Zed for noticing/coming up with the idea, I look forward to see where you go with this.