Thread: Importing of Toys vs Customs around the World

Default Importing of Toys vs Customs Duty around the World

This came to my attention recently after my loot from RK was sent and arrived in Singapore 2 days ago.

It's came to my own attention that it's been "Held at Customs".
    Reason: I've exceeded the S$400 limit (note: Australia is A$1000, so consider you guys very lucky down under) and I am subject to pay my 7% GST charge for my items (cost including shipping charges).

This has really pissed me off as I've got a couple of parcels coming from TransformersClub especially Botcon 2011 items and the Exclusives which I believe will be stuck there too. Hence, tomorrow i'm expected to pay additional S$50-$60 to claim back my toys. Here i come "NOT-REFLECTOR"!!!

At this time, I will have to becareful of custom regulations hence the purpose of this thread.

Importing of goods for
    - SINGAPORE: Must be below S$400 (inclusive of shipping fee) else GST applies
    - AUSTRALIA: Must be below A$1000 (does it include shipping fee?)

Feel free to list the other countries or states if you do know any

Australia is $1000 but there is a push by commerce to lower it to stop us buying over seas with such a strong dollar.
    It normally doesn't include postage but if the box has a single value on it including postage then it does.

if you are over the limit, there are GST charges as well as import duties works out to be over 20% of the value I think, I haven't looked it up in a long while.