Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Member location field in header.

Pulse is offline Rank 1 - New or Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by 1orion2many View Post
    When did you meet these people to be able to work out they are scum. Everyone needs to make a living, if you don't agree with their prices just don't buy off them and move on. I don't like over inflated prices myself but if your patient you will find items at prices your willing to pay on ebay, e-stores or people you meet through boards like this.
    I don't mind when people add a few dollars more on top of the purchase price of a TF to cover their fuel, time etc. - that's perfectly fine. I can live with that.

But when people charge double or triple the actual cost of a TF (& a rarer one at that) - now that is unacceptable. Just in recent times, have you checked what some Scalpers have been asking for Classics Skyfire & Movie Deluxe '08 BB? How do these Scalpers live with themselves - knowing that all they are is "Rip-Off Artists" (if that's even a word )? Don't they have a conscience?

I've even read a first-hand account of someone who encountered an Animated Scalper at Botcon. This person witnessed a little kid & his Dad trying to negotiate a deal with this Scalper who had a tonne of Animated Stuff but even though a little kid wanted to buy an Animated figure off him, The Scalper outright refused to take a even few dollars off his massively over-inflated prices (His prices were triple what the Animated Figures were worth retail). Now, that is a Scalper of the worst kind...

Quote Originally Posted by dirge View Post
    Trunks, I knew a girl from Blacktown who used to tell people she was from the Hills because it "sounded better".
    Thats why they all do it. Blacktown has a bad stigma that don't go away no matter how much the city changes. It obviously cannot be that bad of a place, since it is the third highest populated LGa in the country, and the 2 fastest growing LGA in the country.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

[QUOTE=i_amtrunks;21389]Thats why they all do it. Blacktown has a bad stigma that don't go away no matter how much the city changes. It obviously cannot be that bad of a placeQUOTE]

you'd think that wouldn't you

I have more respect for Blacktown than I do for for the Hillsong types. There's something about for profit religions that's just plain scary.

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

I have more respect for Blacktown than I do for for the Hillsong types. There's something about for profit religions that's just plain scary.
    well said

Having worked at the Coles near the main Hillsong centre out at Norwest while at Uni, let me tell you it is scary. They Bus people in from all around, all to hand over their money... very strange.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)