View Poll Results: What colours are YOUR Frenzy and Rumble?

Voters
47. You may not vote on this poll
  • Frenzy is Red, Rumble is Blue

17 36.17%
  • Rumble is Red, Frenzy is Blue

19 40.43%
  • I don't care

11 23.40%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: What colours are Frenzy and Rumble (FIRRIB?)

TBH, I can't even remember. I had to hit Google images after opening the United pair so I could decide which to display with piledrivers.

Depends on what medium you're talking about. Rumble is blue in the cartoon and red in the toy. therefore he is both red and blue. Because the most I saw of Rumble growing up was through the cartoon I think of him as blue. Untill I look at his toy, then he is red

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    If you are talking about the cartoon and say that Frenzy is blue then you are wrong.
    Unless you're watching the Japanese dub, in which case you'd be right! (FIBRIR)

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    This is a personal choice which one should not need to argue about because it was your choice to go against the official name and one shouldn't expect all to follow a personal preference.
    It's not even a personal choice...

G1 cartoon (Anglophone) = Rumble is blue: fact
    G1 cartoon (Japanese) = Rumble is red: fact
    G1 toys = Rumble is red: fact
    G1 comics = Rumble is red: fact
    G1 Ladybird books = Rumble is red: fact
    In the majority of mediums = Rumble is red: fact
    ...etc.

So is it FIRRIB or FIBRIR? Depends on what you're looking at. That should effectively be the end of the argument, really.

Then there's Stargate Battles, printed in black and white and Frenzy has piledrivers like Rumble -- I can't tell them apart!

Which brings us to where we are today...

FatalityPitt Guest

I don't know what you guys were talking about 8 or 9 years ago, because to me Frenzy is and will always be a maroon-coloured Porsche

I'm kidding of course, though that was the Frenzy toy I had as a kid. I never had the original, didn't even know what it looked like until I googled it in my early-20s.

I've started to struggle with this a bit lately tbh. I like the Frenzy character a little more than Rumble (not to take anything from Rumble, who's also pretty cool), and I recently got a new toy of Frenzy that's blue and says 'Frenzy' on the box. But whenever I look at it, I keep thinking of it as Rumble even though my formula has been "if it says 'Rumble' on the package, it's Rumble". It's like I've watched the G1 cartoon so many times that I can't un-see the blue Rumble and red Frenzy.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    *schnip*

Well it depends on the media. Though the G1 Frenzy toy is blue, there is no denying that he is red in the English cartoon. It honestly doesn't matter, and most media that draw inspiration from either the cartoon or comic or toyline should reflect the one they draw on the most.

For example, if a new animated movie was based mostly off the aesthetics and everything of the G1 cartoon, then Rumble should be blue and Frenzy red. If the relation is relatively loose and the designs/concepts of the new media have little to do with a particular incarnation of old, then you'd probably make Rumble red for sake of consistency.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Frenzy is blue in the 1986 movie? What!

I just assume they were identical to who they are in the cartoon. Who first cracks the shell, then cracks the nuts inside?

FatalityPitt Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Bidoofdude View Post
    ... It honestly doesn't matter...
    Actually, this phrase here is the most correct, and it's helped me reach an epiphany - It doesn't matter.

Even though the package might say 'Frenzy' or 'Rumble', the toy's name should be at the discretion of that toy's owner. If a person buys a blue transformer that turns into a cassette, he/she doesn't have to call it 'Frenzy' or 'Rumble' if they don't want to. He/she can call it 'George' or 'Adam'. Why? Because it's just a toy. It's made to entertain the person who bought it, and if that person likes to call it 'George', then... cool!