Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Overseas sightings: Japan

Provided that my travel agent gets her crap together and gets back to me sometime this year I should be in Japan in January next year. Have you seem any battle Gaia while you've been over there?
    Hunting:
    Beast Wars/Machines/Neo/Second

I found Kokura a bit of a suprise packet. Instead of just finding Mandarake by itself (as most are), there are numerous anime and gaming related stores together in one multiple level building. There is Mandarake, Jungle and Robot+Robot just to name a few.

Ill post some pics with the map of the building and some pics of the cabinets in Mandarake and Jungle. To be honest, I really found this place to have more varied items compared to other stores in Osaka and Hiroshima.

Also in Nagoya at the moment and been finding this place alright too which when ready, I will give Heroic Decepticon locations and details of the shops I have found in other places than his guide shows.

Valkyrie's SDF:
    Transformer grails: MIB Minerva(the dream is OVER!!!! ), MIB Kiss Player Atariscream, MIB Kiss Player Sparkabots, Kiss Player Manga.

Quote Originally Posted by swoop View Post
    Provided that my travel agent gets her crap together and gets back to me sometime this year I should be in Japan in January next year. Have you seem any battle Gaia while you've been over there?
    I dont use travel agents unless its a multiple city/country stopover thank goodness. And no I havent seen any Battle Gaia but if there is but you will he paying premium dollars for it. Found that most things are overpriced for the quality of items.

I did find a Dinoking giftset for around $400 and thought it was my lucky day but the guy told me that it could not combine as it had no feet, hands, waist, head or apprently weapons. Also havent hit Mandarake Nakano which is the main store for decent items. Thats where I got the bulk of TF stuff including MIB Artfire.

Valkyrie's SDF:
    Transformer grails: MIB Minerva(the dream is OVER!!!! ), MIB Kiss Player Atariscream, MIB Kiss Player Sparkabots, Kiss Player Manga.

I'm going to 5 countries over the christmas holidays so unfortunately I needed the travel agents help.

I have a list of stuff that I would like to pick up while I'm travelling and battle gaia is at the top of that list. Hopefully I'll have better luck seeing it than you have
    Hunting:
    Beast Wars/Machines/Neo/Second

Nice pics! Any black shadows or blue Bacchus?

Did a day trip to Mandarake Nakano hoping being the flagship Mandarake it would be stacked with G1 Takara goodness as it was last time I was there.

Boy was I disappointed. Dont get me wrong saying there is stuff all but the stuff there was either overpriced or the type I am looking for isnt there.

And previous questions......no Battle Gaia nor Blue Bacchus/Black Shadow (BS is one that I do want).

Valkyrie's SDF:

Sorry to hear, but thanks for the good quality photo! I was looking for one!

Yeah Nakano had a big selection when i was there in january, but not cheap. What are you after exactly?

hate jetstar, was ready to plan a trip to finally see kansai, and the damn prices went back up when i had the money =(

Thanks for the photos - im seeing many of the same G1's that nearly always populate the stores there. Was there anything unique that really popped? HK really seems to be the place for minty mint G1's.

Did you have any luck with the stores in Hiroshima? It took me three days to find the one store there that had anything interesting (Transformer wise). But it was better than Nagoya which was a barren wasteland for anything G1so I hope you had better luck than I did!