Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Does anyone else have difficulty applying stickers to G1 TFs?

I never had any issues with applying stickers. I have tried it on all the figures mentioned (except Machine wars) and done it with no problem. I am also a very regular costumer of Reprolabels.

However something to keep in mind is that official Hastak stickers are of very poor quality and not forgiving to mistakes as they wrinkle and tear easy. I refuse to use them and everytime I get a new figure (Vintage or reissue) I leave the stickers in the box and order reprolabels which are of an infinite higher quality, tolerant to mistakes (you can remove them and reapply with hardly any damage as long as they are not fully set). They also look better and glossy too and have lasting logevity as they are not printed in that awful foil paper that Hastak likes to use which fades away over time.

I don't mind them. I keep an artknife handy while doing it, so I can easily lift a sticker off (gently!) if it ends up being out of alignment.

I just put the stickers on my Fire Guts God Ginrai. Who much have about 40 stickers...

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

My seeker have new eyes. The ones they come with are just strange.
    Just cut them from gold foil stickers. Found here

Looks neat!

Quote Originally Posted by Adzma View Post
    Currently my track record sits at one ruined Sky Lynx, one deformed Megatron and one Starscream who's eyes won't stick.
    I had a close call with sky lynx too. I found the goldy stickers on the side too long and were tricky to get right, but after a bit of tolerance they came good. As for Starscream, I think his eyes are designed to be barstards!!

Quote Originally Posted by liegeprime View Post
    Actually for old farts like me, there is a certain joy and feeling of accomplishment in applying the stickers. Not to mention nostalgia kicks in making the whole experience of sticker application on TFs an enjoyable moment. Don't get me wrong , Ive had bad moments in sticking these as well but you don't have to get new toys , just get reprolabels and correct the application.
    Ditto. I love the time spent on the frustration I always like to look at the figure after the stickers have been applied and go "Yeh!"

I hate it myself. I haven;t bother opening my Encore Ironhide and Ratchet for that reason. I';m perfectly happy w/ my loose ones to save me the hassle.

I just placed stickers on my MP Skywarp. There weren't many but it sure was a pain. It took me about 30 minutes to get them all aligned and everything. I love the end result though I must admit I was pretty frustrated by the process. I still have to apply stickers to my TFC Ricochet/Stepper which I'm not looking forward to.

I think that's one of the things about buying G1 loose figures I like - you get the stickers as is.