Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone else have difficulty applying stickers to G1 TFs?

Default Does anyone else have difficulty applying stickers to G1 TFs?

Currently my track record sits at one ruined Sky Lynx, one deformed Megatron and one Starscream who's eyes won't stick. The only two that I haven't had a single issue with are Soundwave and Jazz. It's really infurating and every single time it happens I go through the same process:

"Why do I waste my money on something so pathetic?"
    "Why bother getting another G1 Transformer since they only cause me grief?"
    "Why don't Takara realise that applying stickers isn't fun in the first place?"
    "Why does this only happen to me?"
    Often with a bit of cursing thrown here and there.

So now I wonder if anyone else out there has suffered from this dilemma, or am I really the only one who has these problems. Honestly I don't know why I continue to collect G1 Transformers, I mean, I wasn't even born when the show was on. Hopefully in time for my next post I'll have cooled down; but for the time being I am not happy.

Yeah stickers can be a pain but this is what I do.
    Use tweezers to place it and get a toothpick to stick it down.
    When it's in place exactly use the side of the toothpick to rub it down.

Pulse is offline Rank 1 - New or Inactive

I just don't bother applying them at all

I tried applying them on my Reissue Astrotrain, the end result shall not be spoken of (he also got scratched ) so I bought me a 2nd Reissue Astrotrain for $23 & left him stickerless .

Therefore, all my Reissue G1s have their stickers unapplied.

take your time or get someone with better hand eye coordination to do it for you

my Machine Wars Optimus has a few wonky stickers on the trailer

luckily my g1 jets came with eye stickers properly attached

as gamblor said, use tweezers, they're available cheap($1-2) at any chinese shops, get a straight and a curved one, try applying stickers one side firstthen position it slowly as you go, then when you have it mostly correctly in place, thats the time you pat it down completely. Or you could do as roller suggested.

Actually for old farts like me, there is a certain joy and feeling of accomplishment in applying the stickers. Not to mention nostalgia kicks in making the whole experience of sticker application on TFs an enjoyable moment. Don't get me wrong , Ive had bad moments in sticking these as well but you don't have to get new toys , just get reprolabels and correct the application.
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

I've tried tweezers but with very little success. I generally try my best but share Adzma's frustration. The joy of getting the reissue Predaking set was lessened by the 45 minutes I spent applying the stickers!

Well thankfully my father is very experienced when it comes to working with small parts and so he offered to help correct the problem. Now Starscream's eyes are in place and Sky Lynx is having his stickers replaced. All is well so I can continue collecting even more G1s.

Actually, I always really look forward to putting the stickers on to G1 toys. Mine aren't always perfect, but are rarely appalling. It's one of the reasons I've been enjoying the reissues so much.

Putting stickers on yourself, even if done badly, makes the toy your own since you've actually invested time rather than just money, and also differentiates it since no-one else's looks quite the same.
    SofaMan - Occasionally Battling Evil with his Mighty Powers of Indolence

stickers=evil

my reissues are naked, plus most can avoid stickers imo (not sky lynx for example) goes Optimus really need crud on his forearms?

I also prefer my reissues naked... *giggle*