Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Big Brother Nathan, Transfan

Quote Originally Posted by Thanatos View Post
    Big Brother would be a much more amusing show if the premise was that of social experiment.
    I think it IS a social experiment. That's exactly how and why I [occasionally] view it.

Now, I'm gonna have to probably duck for cover after saying this, but for all you complaining about missing the Simpsons, if it's an episode made in the last 5 years, it encompasses the same writing style filled with devoid shock humor that you so dislike BB(≤08) for. It ain't what it used to be

Reality TV appeals for two main reasons (me thinks):

1. It makes fans think that the possibility of them becoming a celebrity is all the more real.

2. It introduces all sorts of new revenue models for TV stations. Specifically, they don't have to pay writers, royalties and they get additional revenue from the voting.

So, if you really want to oppose BB08 and feature BB's, stop watching channel 7, 9 and Ten all together! Otherwise, I think that all of you complainers are simply contributing to the engine that creates what you hate!

If everyone read '1984' by George Orwell we wouldn't have stupid reality tv,we'd have nice shows that don't dumb down the population even more

Quote Originally Posted by jaydisc View Post
    BB08 rules!

Although there's a lot that's not real in Big Brother I enjoy it much more than something like Home and Away. Big Brother's producers make just as much effort put into creating storylines and dramas as the soap, but the reactions from the people in the house are real. The way people behave naturally is more interesting than the so-called acting from pretty young things in Summer Bay.

I do think that there is a lot of overkill with all the specials and extra programs, but as a five night a week half hour pseudo-soap I'm all for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    Although there's a lot that's not real in Big Brother I enjoy it much more than something like Home and Away. Big Brother's producers make just as much effort put into creating storylines and dramas as the soap, but the reactions from the people in the house are real. The way people behave naturally is more interesting than the so-called acting from pretty young things in Summer Bay.

I do think that there is a lot of overkill with all the specials and extra programs, but as a five night a week half hour pseudo-soap I'm all for it.
    I'd have to agree on the BB vs. H&A front, I hate H&A with a fiery passion.

Apparently due to the idiot BB hosts having their radio commitments they wont be available to do anywhere near as many mid week specials that screw up the schedule as they have done in the past. So thats a plus.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

A little to the left... a little bit more...

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    Big Brother's producers make just as much effort put into creating storylines and dramas as the soap, but the reactions from the people in the house are real.
    I'd say hyper-real! There's been a lot of discussion about this... basically the idea is that these contestants (if I can even call them that ) react in a way that they think they should react, but not necessarily how they would react!

And Thanatos is right... this is not a social experiment! If it was they would have different groups (a control group for example).

But at least they finally got somewhere in there that knows something about Transformers

You are all sick for even talking about this topic.

Waiting to see if Nathan wears a transformer t-shirt , BB08 RULZ haha
    Wanted items:
    eHobby Orion Pax and Dion

MV75 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by jaydisc View Post
    I think it IS a social experiment. That's exactly how and why I [occasionally] view it.
    Dude, that's the type of pseudo intelligent crap that, well, I better stop there.

The very first season, yes, you can get away with that rubbish reasoning, but so many seasons on? Nope, it's just trash tv that is the equivilant of drinking yourself stupid as an excuse to act out in unsocially acceptable ways and appeals to people who think to have a life, they need to watch and emulate others shows of poor public social behaviour. And guess where this is all coming from? Yep, the minds of 40+ year old network executives which are the very people that the young ones think this show will enable them to "rebell" against. Which leads to;

If you think this is real, then you're not paying attention, this trash is so scripted and carefully controlled so far up its arse it's spewing writers out its mouth.
    ________
    Bmw M2B15
    Last edited by MV75; 11th March 2011 at 09:19 AM.