Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Meeting TF Fans you don't know

Arrow

I think i saw griffin once in springwood target ages ago i posted it in the old cybertron sightings thread... i was just walking past the Toy section and i saw a guy there with a tf hat or something looking at the TF's im pretty sure griffin confirmed it i dont remember was ages ago.....

there was a guy at uni the other day, he fell up the stairs, i was about to ask him where he got the Soundwave shirt, but he was with a group of girls and lets just say he had an Sydney Oxford street type voice and look to him, yeah you know what i mean

Quote Originally Posted by roller View Post
    there was a guy at uni the other day, he fell up the stairs, i was about to ask him where he got the Soundwave shirt, but he was with a group of girls and lets just say he had an Sydney Oxford street type voice and look to him, yeah you know what i mean
    He fel UP stairs?

I would be jumping in there and asking the ladies to dump the unbalanced loser! SAAAAWISH!

And I don't know what you mean....

yep he fell UP the stairs

it was very comical

tets Oxford street is...type into a search engine for full inuendo details

With all the girls around it would be hard to tell if he was single I suppose.

Away from the Parra Fair, I saw two guys walking around Sydney with TF t-shirts, one with his girlfriend, the other with his boyfriend.
    Last edited by Paulbot; 23rd May 2008 at 04:38 PM. Reason: "Away from" instead of "Outside the"

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    With all the girls around it would be hard to tell if he was single I suppose.

Outside of the Parra Fair, I saw two guys walking around Sydney with TF t-shirts, one with his girlfriend, the other with his boyfriend.

Roller was in Sydney??!!!
    If I want your opinion, I'll give it to you

My sales thread: Linky

say whatttttttttttt?!!!!

I met two fans today en route to Jaydisc's abode at K-Mart Northcote. One was a seasoned fan who hangs around on They Are Among Us. His name was Michael. The guy has officially the biggest TF collection in Melbourne w/ all 3 Maximuses!

The other guy, Bobby, was new/returned courtesy of TFM. I invited him to join up here at this madhouse. Hopefully he'll find the boards and be joining in the next couple of days. He might even join us for next week's meet. I'm a bit annoyed b/c my primary purpose for stopping at K-Mart was to quickly buy Gobstoppers (have a really, really unhealthy obsession w/ them atm) so I left my phone in the car thinking I'd be out asap. Which meant i couldn't grab his number tho I did give him mine!

I ended up in there for about 30 mins w/ Bobby and then Michael rocked up and we chatted for another 30 mins. Both great blokes. Michael even let us use his discount card while Bobby helped me score some flybuy points w/ his hefty purchases. Nice chaps indeed. I was originally thinking the guy's just buying for his kid. Nah, not a colllector so I didn't even bother. (I'm normally a conversation starter otherwise). But then he actually approached me. A really lovely bloke.
    Collection Count (w/ a 12.42% upsize): 3053
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs
    Current Desires: Japanese BW Optimal Optimus
    The Holy Grail: Ultmetal Optimus Prime

Visit the Wonderful World of: The Iacon City Hub-Capital Collection

Ever since the movie came out Transformers has kinda become "trendy" and I see lots of people walking around with TF clothing... but I dunno if they're actually Transfans - or I suppose what I would consider to be a fan (it's all highly subjective).

I was accosted at SupaNova by some freakdude called kuzzy (). And as I mentioned in my convention report also a young girl wearing a Decepticon jacket who said that she'd registered an account here.

A couple of weeks ago I met a guy browsing for Transformers at TRU and he asked about G1 reissues. I told him about OzFormers, not sure if he's joined up since.

Quote Originally Posted by STL View Post
    w/ all 3 Maximuses!
    Maximi?

Hopefully he'll find the boards...
    I had a thought about that after last week after I spoke very briefly to a guy in a comic store who was also buying TF comics -- but I haven't got around to pursuing the thought fully yet. In another comic shop the guys behind the counter were talking about TFTM and one was asking the other if he remembered what Unicron said before attacking Cybertron. That they couldn't remember made me think "hmm, not quite TF Fan" enough.

But then he actually approached me. A really lovely bloke.
    Wish a really lovely bloke would approach me