Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Meeting TF Fans you don't know

Unhappy Meeting TF Fans you don't know

I was wondering if anyone had any memorable experiences to share regarding encounters with TF fans they don't know?

Note: The experience can be good, bad, or neither - just whatever comes to mind. I clicked a radio button by accident and the thread title has a sad face icon that is misleading.

Back when Cybertron Optimus Prime had just come out, I went to a Sydney Toys 'R' Us store one day and looked through their TF stock.

I noticed another guy checking out the TFs as well. On one upper shelf, I saw that some Alternators were on sale, so I said to the guy "Hey, the prices for those alternators are not bad if you haven't got them and are interested."

He gave me one of those "You-don't-know-anything-noob" looks, and said "I only collect Binaltech."

I said "OK", but mentally I was like "Gee, no offence intended!" :0
    Last edited by Sam; 6th May 2008 at 01:05 PM. Reason: Fixed typo.

What a rude snob...

Last year's movie premiere in Sydney.

I still have no idea who half of those people were.

After the wharf 8 convention in 2006, i met some guy near the metro woolies, it may have been 1orion2many, anyway he had a tf shirt on, i had a tf shirt on and we said hi

whenver i see someone at uni wearing tf shirts i try and start talking tfs

While waiting in line for Nexus i spoke to another guy in tf clothing, turned out to be a huge fan, i need to ring him for some g1s he has for sale

Quote Originally Posted by Burn View Post
    Last year's movie premiere in Sydney.

I still have no idea who half of those people were.
    I remember thinking that I'll finally get to meet all you guys at the premiere. Unfortunately I didn't know what any of you looked like and I had no ones phone number so I just hung with fatbot(who was my date) and some other guy we met named Lukas who had a Decepticon tat on his left arm.

I've run into them in the shops but they tend to scurry away...

Of course, I have met a whole lot more through the Megatron Club, many of whom are not members here.
    MP-05 legal acquisition process:

www.megatron.net.au

My collection and stuff for sale:

www.csapo.com.au/ttf/tiby'stransformers.htm

Pulse is offline Rank 1 - New or Inactive

Of the ones I've met in the TF sections, They seem to have no people skills at all.

9 times out of 10 they act like they're deaf & the other time, they mumble something to themselves & give you a dirty look.

I pointed out something about the Cybertron deluxe two packs to a guy looking at single deluxe at Toys R Us once.

Otherwise I don't really recall a situation where I've met someone close to my age at the TF shelves, but I'm shy and wouldn't likely start up a conversation with strangers, but if someone said hi or whatever I wouldn't be rude like Pulse describes.

Nah, I had this guy named Iceburn I met once at Target in the city. Bloody bugger frowned at me as if I just came outta Shrek's rear end and then nicked off w/ a Classics Skyfire I wanted. If I ever met him again, I'd give him a whack over the head.

Pulse is offline Rank 1 - New or Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    I pointed out something about the Cybertron deluxe two packs to a guy looking at single deluxe at Toys R Us once.

Otherwise I don't really recall a situation where I've met someone close to my age at the TF shelves, but I'm shy and wouldn't likely start up a conversation with strangers, but if someone said hi or whatever I wouldn't be rude like Pulse describes.
    But Mate, we live in totally different cities - so it would be like a "zillion to one chance" that we would ever bump into each other in the same TF aisle.
    Last edited by Pulse; 6th May 2008 at 05:26 PM.