View Poll Results: DotM Ark playset - worth buying?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

13 46.43%
  • Only if cheap

9 32.14%
  • Only if (something else)

1 3.57%
  • No

0 0%
  • Not interested

5 17.86%
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Toy Review- The Ark

Default Toy Review- The Ark

I don't own any play sets not even the G1 micromaster bases they are just not high on my priority list so I mostly brought this because its the ark and being such a major part of transformer history I had to have the toy of it.

The space ship mode looks cool but besides that it doesn't really have anything else going for it. Only one of the missile launchers is spring loaded, why the other isn't I don't know. Imo its a waste. It has 14 peg holes over it, 8 can be used for the guns currently attached to the back of the shuttle. The other 6 are smaller sized and could be for weapons from other figures possibly the cyberverse commander assortment but I don't own any yet so its just speculation. The cockpit opens up and can fit one of the legion assortment figures. the front guns below the cockpit light up and make firing noises when you press a button.

Its 3 steps to transform it to the play set. Pull the wings open and the cockpit lifts, unfold the wings and pull the bottom of the cockpit down and thats it its transformed. Its really simple but being a play set you wouldn't want anything more complex than that. When you open it up there is the transforming sound and the weapons light up
    Its main features are the repair table with removable arm that can be positioned at one of four points on the table. the ramp at the front of the play set has a switch that when pressed launches a car down the ramp.
    Behind the ramp there is a gun platform that swivels 180 degrees and lights up when you press a button just in front of the platform. Behind the gun is a cage that fits one legion figure and above it is a platform that 2-3 legion figures could fit on. on the end of of the play set there are 5 small pillars that lift up and are referred to as lift pillars in the instructions but I have no idea what they are for. Thats about if for the features of the play set.

The legion figure is called roller and transforms into the lunar rover. Its a nice little figure with a slightly more complex transformation than most of the legends class figures I own but nothing to difficult.

Just a quick change, the ark does have connectors for the action sets they are at the back of the play set and on the side I've taken photos and they are below.

Overall its a good set and It'll make a good centre piece for the action sets to be placed around and filled with legion figures. Roller is also quickly becoming one of my favourite figures in its size class and I hope it gets a release by itself so that those people that don't want the ark can get this awesome little legion figure.

Just wanted to apologise for my mistake I wrote this up in a hurry and didn't go over the toy properly and missed the connectors at the back and side. The action sets can connect to the ark and the toy is all the better for it.
    Last edited by swoop; 23rd May 2011 at 10:22 PM.
    Hunting:
    Beast Wars/Machines/Neo/Second

where did you get it?

toy world in epping plaza (victoria)
    Hunting:
    Beast Wars/Machines/Neo/Second

Thanks for the review mate (and size comparison pic with Sentinel Prime).

I want one purely because I like the look of it and the display value (not so much the 'play' in the 'playset' part).

Will definitely look at getting one when it becomes a bit more readily available.

You have single handedly sold this too me. I had no intention of picking this up until now!
    Thanks mate

Oh man, I can't wait to get this.

I wanted this before but now I needs it. It's The Ark! If you only buy one toy this year..
    I don't think an Ark has been released before, Has it? (not including the 3 inch titanium, I mean as a toy)

Other than the Titanium Series there was also an Optimus Prime snow globe which had Mount Saint Hilary with the Ark buried in it as its base. Not really a toy though.

Can you check to see if there are any of the clips as seen here?

http://www.allspark.com/forums/index...&#entry1833759

These allow the small Action Set bases to connect to each other.
    http://www.tfwiki.net, the Transformers Wiki - Serious intellectual discussion about transforming space robots.

Dude your review made front page of TFW2005, congrats!!