Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast

Thread: Transformers Collection (exclusive Ozformers preview)

Quote Originally Posted by Vector Prime View Post
    I was under the impression that you supply your own toy and that these are just TFC style boxes?
    I was under this impression too.

The parts to build your own autobot city will be the key... would every one need to be purchased for a 'complete' city or could the parts be arranged in any way?

Quote Originally Posted by Vector Prime View Post
    If this was facebook and there was a 'Like' icon, it would be so clicked right now - VP approves!

(as to whether he would buy them, that's another story)
    Agree with VP.......sounds interesting.

Valkyrie's SDF:
    Transformer grails: MIB Minerva(the dream is OVER!!!! ), MIB Kiss Player Atariscream, MIB Kiss Player Sparkabots, Kiss Player Manga.

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    I was under this impression too.
    As was I.

Quote Originally Posted by Skullcruncher View Post
    The parts to build your own autobot city will be the key... would every one need to be purchased for a 'complete' city or could the parts be arranged in any way?
    A very good question that as I'd be curious to know this too because people, for what ever reason, may of not acquired a particular figure and therefore would have no desire to get that corresponding box - hence, missing that piece.

Let me explain further the reasoning behind this Transformers Collection

There is 2 options for this project

1) The box, the original figure to be released (i.e in conjunction with Hasbro), extra accessories (i.e. Spike in exosuit), stand and a component of Autobot City

or

2) The box, the original figure is already in your collection, extra accessories (i.e. Spike in exosuit), stand, and a component of Autobot City

The first is entirely dependant on Hasbro's approval. If they say yes, then essentially we will be providing this idea and just letting hasbro take care of the rest.
    If they say yes to #2, then we will have licence to use the brand, and produce it.

As to other questions:

Autobot City
    Think of Autobot City like a gestault that will form to create one massive item. There will be transforming parts (i.e city to battlestation) and we are trying to get a full blown transformation, but that is proving exceptionally difficult, so it will 99% be a display set in plastic.

The box art
    The reason behind the box art was to have collectable toys, that would confirm and also form a work of art that presents Transformers in a great manner.
    Dan was chosen because he is one of the best in the business. He has just done the Jazz design, and WOW... its awesome. Will post it shortly.

Please feel free to input as much as you like because this is a "fans project" and we love the input.
    Last edited by UltraMagnus; 17th July 2011 at 12:38 PM.

Thanks for the clarification UM.

For myself, I would only buy them if it's option 1 and it's an officially endorsed Hasbro release (so therefore the figures and the items would be MISB from them).

I would not be prepared to purchase them if it's option 2 seeing as I would have to essentially purchase an empty box and then have to liberate one of my MISB toys simply so I could insert it into the box.

Obviously I have quite a few loose figures as well, but they're loose for a reason, so I don't see a need to purchase an empty box, no matter how great the design or artwork is (even if it's licensed by Hasbro).

As for the other inclusions (Spike in exo-suit, etc and parts for Autobot City) - they're of no value or importance to me.

Just my 2c.

Default Transformers Collection #7 - Jazz (test art shot)

Here is an exclusive preview - box art of Jazz

Every item I see in my inbox from Dan, I begin to cry... they are that good!

Jazz in all his glory (color version soon...)

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMagnus View Post
    There is 2 options for this project

1) The box, the original figure to be released (i.e in conjunction with Hasbro), extra accessories (i.e. Spike in exosuit), stand and a component of Autobot City

or

2) The box, the original figure is already in your collection, extra accessories (i.e. Spike in exosuit), stand, and a component of Autobot City

The first is entirely dependant on Hasbro's approval. If they say yes, then essentially we will be providing this idea and just letting hasbro take care of the rest.
    If they say yes to #2, then we will have licence to use the brand, and produce it.
    Right. So what if they say no to both (or say nothing)?

Dammit, UM.

I swear...I SWEAR we had this discussion not just even a few hours ago together about how I didn't want to get into collecting the Generations line for fear of being obsessed with collecting all of the classics.

This is really making me think twice.

If this all goes ahead man...I'm sold. 100%.

Fantastic work so far, man. Not a whole lot of people out there with your insight and ambition to accomplish projects like this for fear of failure. Even if it doesn't come out completely to fruition because Hasbro decline, it's still one HELL of an accomplishment. Props man. My hat's off to you

Quote Originally Posted by ITZTRU View Post
    Fantastic work so far, man. Not a whole lot of people out there with your insight and ambition to accomplish projects like this for fear of failure. Even if it doesn't come out completely to fruition because Hasbro decline, it's still one HELL of an accomplishment. Props man. My hat's off to you
    +1

I'd have to say from a financial point of view that I would have to go with option 2, mind you I would really, really like to go with option 1 though.