Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 234567891015 ... LastLast

Thread: Transformers Collection (exclusive Ozformers preview)

And someone tell me why the current IDW comics don't look like this?

Seriously, who the hell do they think they're selling too? The flocks of new TF fans who view the quality Bayverse as the pinnacle of TF collecting?

Seriously pisses me off when this is the quality of work you guys are getting done as part of a initial proposal.
    Collection Count (w/ a 12.42% upsize): 3053
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs
    Current Desires: Japanese BW Optimal Optimus
    The Holy Grail: Ultmetal Optimus Prime

Visit the Wonderful World of: The Iacon City Hub-Capital Collection

I'll support this if it becomes a reality! Good work guys, fingers crossed Hasbro like the idea!

Quote Originally Posted by jaydisc View Post
    I think the question is more along the lines of what if they so no to everything, including licensing.
    We will release the boxes as a collector only box, and require each person to join the membership of our transformers club. The fee will be the membership, but the boxes are free.

That is what the current law allows us to do.

Given the project is based in Hong Kong and China, the rules around what we can and can't do are very different to that of US/Australia.

But - we want to go by the book, less trouble that way.

This sounds awesome guys! I'd support it. I love Dan's work too, he's a lovely guy.

Quote Originally Posted by STL View Post
    Might we end up with pink prime?
    Well I'd buy a pink prime. Just sayin' and that's fuschia pink not coral pink mind you.

wow. so which toy line are these from?

moar artwork!

sounds good.

i'd be going with option 2 as im not a misb collector and threw away the backing cards cause they weren't that pretty.

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMagnus View Post
    We will release the boxes as a collector only box, and require each person to join the membership of our transformers club. The fee will be the membership, but the boxes are free.

That is what the current law allows us to do.

Given the project is based in Hong Kong and China, the rules around what we can and can't do are very different to that of US/Australia.

But - we want to go by the book, less trouble that way.
    Starting a "club" that would sell exclusive transformer content sounds like it would overlap with the existing official one..... Have you though about contacting Takara, rather than Hasbro, if they are reluctant to license. I am thinking of all the limited run licensed Takara garage kits that are produced and how Takara seem to be more flexible
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

Holy Crap it was only a couple of days ago I got my net speeds back up and finally got to see the photos on first page (as they didn't load on slow capped speeds) and whoa, I'm speechless at those box designs.

THEY ARE BLOODY AMAZING!!!!!!!!!! If this project did go through with the approval of Hasbro these sets would sell like HOTCAKES

Been looking and keeping quiet for all this time, but really happy to see the positive reactions here.

Gotta say that right now, UM is the main man running the show!

Like UM says, we really want to be doing by the book, but we also wish to have enough material and an amount of fan support as ammunition when we talk to the big boys. It cannot just be 'another idea', but should be an work thought out proposal with traction.

On my end, I'm looking at the legal options to make this work for us, for Hasbro and all involved.

Cheers!

I'd be interested in a more expanded list of new weapons/parts. I'm not a mint in sealed box man at all but I suppose I like some of my Classics figures enough to get them some new parts.

Well just Mirage really. And Galvatron.

Quote Originally Posted by STL View Post
    the quality Bayverse as the pinnacle of TF collecting?
    What's wrong with that?
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.