View Poll Results: Transformers Vault - worth buying?

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

32 96.97%
  • Only if cheap

1 3.03%
  • Only if (something else)

0 0%
  • No

0 0%
  • Not interested

0 0%
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Transformers Vault (book) reviews & comments

Still cant find one

Quote Originally Posted by optimus1 View Post
    Still cant find one
    Target man, Target, Blacktown has a few more just keep looking around as they're not really well publicized nor placed in conspicuous place. I had to go around the book sections 3 times before I spotted it, by looking down, instead of looking at the shelves. Parramatta might have some.
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

sweet! blacktown and parramatta. good to know. I'm going to try Rouse Hill.

Anyone found it in places here other than Target?!?
    Twit and insta @lukeabarnett

Default Rumor

Is there a chance the recently remoulded Unicron could have a hasbro release? http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transf...e-purpose.html

Bought one from Blacktown target today. Had a browse through it as I was on the train afterwards and was getting a headache trying to read the foreword; but flicking through the book, it seems to be targetting the 'general Joe average' audience and assuming that people know nothing about Transformers. Which is fair enough, but I think for fans like me, it doesn't really tell me much that I didn't know before. The only new thing I learned from it was the "Blaster" prototype for Microman that would basically be Soundwave as a radiocassette player (instead of a walkman).

The Easter Eggs are nice. Overall I'm quite happy with the book, it's a neat reference book, but I think people who are less Transformers savvy might get more out if it (as they would be the target audience anyway). So I'd highly recommend it for people with a relatively lesser knowledge of TF history and lore, just to get you up to speed... but for the rest of us: well, the book isn't shrink wrapped, so feel free to browse through it before making a final purchase decision.

It's a good book to show to Heathens non-transfans when they come around.

Hmm it sounds awesome and I will try and pick it up when I go to Target. Hmm this also making me want the g1 bible and the other Generations Volumes featuring the Henkei lines.

I do like some of the old school memorabilia pictured there. Like the box for "Mystery of Convoy" and the S.T.A.R.S. iron-on patch and membership card. They all brought back memories! I've long lost my old jacket with the iron-on patch (most likely been chucked out), and my S.T.A.R.S. membership card got wrecked when I accidentally left my Transformers wallet in my clothes and it went through the wash... eep! Some of the pull out goodies are really nice, like repro G1 tech specs and miniature repro animation cel etc. And it's hardcover with a protective plastic case too!

Here's a pic of the OZ version of the book:

The front plastic cover has the Autobot logo on a greyish background.

I haven't really read the book but just browsed through it. Really love some of the vintage items they have included within the book like instruction sheet, stat cards, drawings / sketches etc.
    ~ JuzMel ~
    My son is taking over all my TFs!

Quote Originally Posted by King Atlas View Post
    Is there a chance the recently remoulded Unicron could have a hasbro release? http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transf...e-purpose.html
    If so, that does look cool. Though I like the painted hand over the clear, and the green eyes, I think I still prefer the Takara version. But I will have to wait until I buy the book myself to have a better look.

The pics of some of those cancelled G2 figures are crazy -- especially G2 Mirage! Phwoar!