View Poll Results: Transformers Vault - worth buying?

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

32 96.97%
  • Only if cheap

1 3.03%
  • Only if (something else)

0 0%
  • No

0 0%
  • Not interested

0 0%
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Transformers Vault (book) reviews & comments

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Don't waste your time and money buying any of the Keepers Trilogy novels... I have the first book and it's complete rubbish (I can't decide which is more poorly written; Hardwired or Twilight - the fact that I'm comparing this book with Twilight should indicate how crap the writing is!). I never bothered buying or reading the sequels to Hardwired... don't intend to. I've read synposes of their stories... that was quite enough.

The Marvel G1 comics are definitely worth collecting IMO. Extremely highly recommended. (and as others have noted, there are exerpts and info about the G1 comics in the TF Vault book )
    Yeah I heard the G1 comics were great and all, but I can only afford toys for now!

Quote Originally Posted by 1AZRAEL1 View Post
    Do you have any spare?

The target near me is useless. The books are all over the place, and when I ask at the front if they have it, she said "If it's not on the shelf, we don't have it!"

Was half tempted to say that the place is a mess and I'd be lucky to find anything there. Surely she could have looked in the system right?
    yup I have 1 spare if your interested? we could just meet-up at Blacktown Westfield to save you on postage. Although there are 3 more at Blacktown Target as of 02/06/11 coz I had a look before I paid for my laybuy
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

1AZRAEL1: At Target Blacktown you need to look hard because they're shelved in a silly location. It's on a small "island" shelf set near the aisle where they display new books, but it's toward the bottom and rear. They're stacked horizontally too, so they don't stand out, and if someone puts another book on top of it, you can miss the entire stack (as I nearly did). So you may need to have a good search.

Good luck

A little to the left... a little bit more...

Quote Originally Posted by SkyWarp91 View Post
    Thanks for the good review Robzy, you've convinced me to go buy my first TF book. Although it's time I start investing in those storybooks I used to read as a kid!
    No worries - thanks

Quote Originally Posted by liegeprime View Post
    yup I have 1 spare if your interested? we could just meet-up at Blacktown Westfield to save you on postage. Although there are 3 more at Blacktown Target as of 02/06/11 coz I had a look before I paid for my laybuy
    I hardly make it out to Blacktown, but maybe I can grab one off you at the Movie Meetup soon?

I grabbed mine from Target Rouse Hill Town Centre on saturday, they had a few there. Agreed though, the shelving in Target's books area is woeful. Terrible stuff.
    Twit and insta @lukeabarnett

lol Gok. Awesome. My 2 1/2 year old daughter loves flicking through my books, so the graphic novels are kept high and dry and comics boxed away from sticky fingers!!! They're so dangerous these little kids!

Btw, I really enjoyed the Vault. Flicked through it a couple of times and plan to read through it a bit later this week.

Great images and inserts though and for $29 it's a bargain price for a TF fan. I agree with others that perhaps it's not too much "new" for longterm fans, but still it's put together very well.
    Twit and insta @lukeabarnett

Quote Originally Posted by bassbot View Post
    Agreed though, the shelving in Target's books area is woeful. Terrible stuff.
    And the sad reality is with the demise of the 'bricks and mortar' stores (R.I.P. Borders), unless you shop online, you'll have no choice but to hack-n-slash your way through their book section. And if you can't find what you're looking for e.g. "If it's not on the shelf", they probably don't have it but you'll never know for sure because no one will help you.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Nice review and because of that I went searching for it at Merrylands Target yesterday. No sign of it so if anyone can point it out where to nab one I'd be grateful.

Quote Originally Posted by gamblor916 View Post
    Nice review and because of that I went searching for it at Merrylands Target yesterday. No sign of it so if anyone can point it out where to nab one I'd be grateful.
    I bought mine at Target Rhodes last week. There was a stack there. The way they place it is really hard to find- I almost gave up and thought there were none- they are placed amongst an "island" with the stack of new release books.