Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: iGear Mini Warriors

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMagnus View Post
    Why would you burn the hand that feeds you? TFSource and BBTS sell thousands of transformers. With BBTS, they are one of the biggest distributors of TFs in the globe. Hasbro would loose more money from fear of retribution from retailer/fans.

Hasbro aint gonna push this - its too much trouble for very very little gain.

Fansproject/igear help build sales not distract
    hmm... fansproject at least create products to compliment existing hasbro figures - cliffjumper, prime, ultra magnus, rodimus, combaticons and the upcoming g2 prime. but they've also made products that dont like - springer and the upcoming insecticons.

to the point though, is that hasbro makes no money from any of these. all the figures aren't sold through retail anymore nor their online store - they're now acquired through ebay and online shops like TFsource/BBTS at scalper prices.

igear however, have KO'd the MP molds and I dont see how hasbro profits from it. the kup heads are great though, but i don't think they influence the sale of hasbro's generation kup - otherwise igear would have sold 1:1 for every kup hasbro has ever sold.

Finally, I don't think they'd lose money from stopping the sale of 3rd party products in North America. Transformers is only a part of their revenue as they have a lot of other licenses and there are plenty of dedicated fans like Gok who only buy licensed products.

Fansproject/igear help build sales not distract
    Not really, Magnus. There's only so much money to go around. Every Transfan dollar that goes to iGear or Fansproject is not going to HasTakTom. Making Minibots is just wrong, and things like Knockoff Coneheads, Shadow Scyther etc. only help to inflate the coffers of secondary sellers, not Hasbro or Takara.

Quote Originally Posted by kaiden View Post
    Transformers is only a part of their revenue as they have a lot of other licenses and there are plenty of dedicated fans like Gok who only buy licensed products.
    I could be wrong about this and if I am please show me how so but given what I see on a daily basis within the Fandom, most people seem to be into 3rd party toys in one way or another. Before the DOTM line begun to gear up, 3rd party toys were dominating the news section for about a year and fan sites were competing with breaking out the 'latest' news of them to the point that even minor stuff was was plastered all over the news sections.

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    I could be wrong about this and if I am please show me how so but given what I see on a daily basis within the Fandom, most people seem to be into 3rd party toys in one way or another. Before the DOTM line begun to gear up, 3rd party toys were dominating the news section for about a year and fan sites were competing with breaking out the 'latest' news of them to the point that even minor stuff was was plastered all over the news sections.
    I'm not sure what you mean kup...

the hasbro website shows they sell a lot of products catering to a wide variety of consumers - Transformers, Star Wars, GI Joe, Marvel, Board games, My Little Pony/Littlest Pet Shop etc... so yeah, Transformers is only part of their revenue.

Blocking the sale of 3rd party products in North America wouldn't affect them much since they are not stopping people from purchasing from asia from places like RK or ebay. So I doubt it would cause people to boycott them to the extent it would hurt them because they predominately cater to retailers like Walmart and their business model is focused on the big holiday sales.

was that the right answer?

Quote Originally Posted by kaiden View Post
    I'm not sure what you mean kup...

the hasbro website shows they sell a lot of products catering to a wide variety of consumers - Transformers, Star Wars, GI Joe, Marvel, Board games, My Little Pony/Littlest Pet Shop etc... so yeah, Transformers is only part of their revenue.

Blocking the sale of 3rd party products in North America wouldn't affect them much since they are not stopping people from purchasing from asia from places like RK or ebay. So I doubt it would cause people to boycott them to the extent it would hurt them because they predominately cater to retailers like Walmart and their business model is focused on the big holiday sales.

was that the right answer?
    No, I was referring to your statement about plenty of dedicated fans like who only buy license products.

Just by looking at the international TF sites, it seems that most fans are into 3rd party products in one form or another.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    Not really, Magnus. There's only so much money to go around. Every Transfan dollar that goes to iGear or Fansproject is not going to HasTakTom. Making Minibots is just wrong, and things like Knockoff Coneheads, Shadow Scyther etc. only help to inflate the coffers of secondary sellers, not Hasbro or Takara.
    Let me explain this statement further purely from myself and others like me.
    Before Fansproject City Commander, I did not buy 1 single classics toy. Was only after G1. After fansproject City commander, I bought every single hasbro and takara release.
    So even though 3rd party companys have made money from me, Hasbro/Takara have made so much more.

Point #2. Masterpiece. I dont collect them until...3rd party seekers. I have bought all 4. But I also just bought Optimus Prime, Rodimus prime, Megatron and all the other Takara releases.

What I am getting at is if it wasnt for the third party companies I would have given Hasbro so little and 3rd parties nothing... everyone wins, especially fans.

Can't wait to see Beachcomber

Point #2. Masterpiece. I dont collect them until...3rd party seekers. I have bought all 4.
    Sorry about going a bit off topic, but UM, who did u order your not ramjet from? (I assume thats the 3rd party seeker u were talking about?) I want one!

Quote Originally Posted by ITZTRU View Post
    Sorry about going a bit off topic, but UM, who did u order your not ramjet from? (I assume thats the 3rd party seeker u were talking about?) I want one!
    Mate!!!
    Ordered it from TFsource. Alternatively there is Robot kingdom or BBTS.

Never had an issue with BBTS or TFSource, RK isnt that good and I know exactly where his warehouse is in HK

(its in Aberdeen, Ocean King Toy imports)...