Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 38910111213141516171823 ... LastLast

Thread: ... I would have waited an eternity for these...

Nice to complete the set!

Quote Originally Posted by KillinSpoon View Post
    Knew it! This was extremely obvious! However, beautiful nonetheless
    *snip*
    Quote Originally Posted by 1AZRAEL1 View Post
    Knew it. I saw that coming. Congrats HD, you managed to track down some of the figures I want and make me jealous
    Damnit, you still saw it coming?

I thought I'd throw in some unpredictability by unveiling Guard City first... obviously didn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by LordCyrusOmega View Post
    That looks awesome!! That is by far by favourite cassette. Nice work
    *snip*That is by far my favourite cassette :/ That dino-mode is utterly awesome!
    Yup, like I said, I really like this guy's dino-mode. Simple, yet incredibly effective. Great box art too if I may add.

Quote Originally Posted by gamblor916 View Post
    Nice to complete the set!
    Feels very good to have gotten these before the KOs come out. I'm breathing a great sign of relief.

OMG..too epic *drools*

Looking forward to your blog updates on these guys. While the items are so nice, I always enjoy the full story as to the figures and your journey of hunting/bargaining and acquiring them.

After staring at that guard city... I really want a g1 defensor now...

Re: Dino cassettes: Wow, I knew they combined, but never actually seen the full combined mode. That is sooo NICE!!! lucky you got these before the imminent KOs.

Quote Originally Posted by heroic_decepticon View Post
    erm.... so this is #7 out of 6... (confused*)... nah, let's call it Epilogue #1...
    LOL

This is the final dino-cassette... Hursti, you would be delighted to hear that I did do a clean sweep of all 4! I knew you were rooting for me somewhere.
    All in 1 go? - F*** Yeah man, excellent!
    You're dead right I'm glad to hear that man, as I was really hoping that would be the case but more to the point, that you'd find them much-much sooner than later.

Like I mentioned earlier, there has been some contention between which is the rarest dino-cassette. Some think that its C-124: Zauru but others think that its C-123: Diaru. Well, either way, it makes Legout (their combined form) rarer than Decibel, that's for sure.

In any case, this is easily one of my favourite dino-cassettes. The transformation is simple, yet very effective to create the lanky look and feel of a "Brontosaurus". The colour is a dark rich blue, but not black. There is a lot of character to this mold. Oh, and the box art is my favourite among the 4, Dairu comes close, but the Zauru box art is awesome!

In any case, what's important to me is that these guys are in the collection as a set.

So, Zauru, the Apatosaurus as Hursti and Sky Shadow decided earlier? Personally, I like Brontosaurus... hahaha...

Photos!

*snip*

*snip*

Looking very photogenic and compatible with Bluestreak

*snip*

Dairu and Zauru combined = Legout!

*snip*

A Big Congratulations Heroic on completing this set of Grails, with these in particular being a very hard grail to achieve in anyone's mind!

I've got to say that this guy does look really cool as his dimensions as an Apatosaurus () working rather well for such a minute form factor.

This one looks to be of a more Doubledealer/clouder Blue which I think works quite well and ties with the other intriguing colour choices of his comrades.

His combined mode, like the previous, show's an early design period for combining cassettes which the idea is actually quite growing on me, as if they are the prototypes of a technology - forerunners if you will, but look utterly robotic which is an essential achievement.

The box looks great too, with only minor (To me) wear and a slight crease running down the character art side.

I hope that when you find the time after you've done the write-ups for all these figures on your blog dude, that you are able to do some Hi-Res scans of the boxart of each but whilst I know Botch will absolutely giggle with delight (I know I would/will) I wonder what your thoughts are on the possibility that some... undesirables, might use what Botch and yourself are doing for the community to produce counterfeit replica boxes and such?

I don't want to leave this on a negative though, so might I mention that this:

Final G1 list [updated 15 Oct 2010]
    USA G1 (1): Skyhopper
    Japanese G1 (7): Gurafi, Noizu, Zauru, Dairu, Artfire, Hydra, Buster, Go-Shooter, Minerva, Sixknight, Galaxy Shuttle, Black Shadow, Blue Bacchus, Dai Atlas, Sonic Bomber, Road Fire, Grandus, Sky Garry
    Accessories (5): Weirdwolf gun, Doublecross gun, Longtooth small gun, Stranglehold small gun, Doubleheader small gun.
    ... Is in need of an update and would these recent acquisitions suggest that the only figures you now need are Blue Bacchus and Black Shadow?

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    ... Is in need of an update and would these recent acquisitions suggest that the only figures you now need are Blue Bacchus and Black Shadow?
    And Artfire

Congrats on getting the set, and seeing that there all pritty dam near mint. Just about every page in this thread has a picture of something insanely rare and expensive and i like it !
    Can we get a group pic of all the Dino Cassettes in dino mode

Quote Originally Posted by rampagesss View Post
    Congrats on getting the set, and seeing that there all pritty dam near mint. Just about every page in this thread has a picture of something insanely rare and expensive and i like it !
    What thems said.

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    Apatosaurus ()
    Personally, I think it's a Diplodocus. :P

Personally, I think it's a Diplodocus. :P
    Don't make me get all Gigantosaurus on you!

Quote Originally Posted by gdmetro View Post
    OMG..too epic *drools*

Looking forward to your blog updates on these guys. While the items are so nice, I always enjoy the full story as to the figures and your journey of hunting/bargaining and acquiring them.

After staring at that guard city... I really want a g1 defensor now...

Re: Dino cassettes: Wow, I knew they combined, but never actually seen the full combined mode. That is sooo NICE!!! lucky you got these before the imminent KOs.
    Guard City is okay. It's nice in some ways and weird in other ways. I really want it more because its one of the last G1 combiners ever released and also because its a very nice giftset box with nice box art!

I definitely intend to update the full story on my blog when I got time to get around to it.

Quote Originally Posted by rampagesss View Post
    I love every page of this thread too!

I do have group shots, just have to go home and load 'em up... as the next chapter (or page).

Quote Originally Posted by 1AZRAEL1 View Post
    And Artfire
    That too. I really can't be assed about BB and BS because the asking prices are just stupid. I come across them a lot, both on auction and privately, but really not impressed with the price. So, won't buy them till the prices go lower, or not at all... hmmm... not sure.