Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 61112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: ... I would have waited an eternity for these...

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Hey HD - Have you ever thought about having some company publish these photos e.g. in a coffee-table book format? I'm sure there would be interest out there. I for one would love to have this as a handy reference and it would become it's own collectible.
    Love your idea, ben. I share your frustration that no book actually features the toys in their packaging, surely one of it's strongest and most attractive points.

Esp for early G1 figures, even the top of box is worth documenting because the photos of the toys there are often prototypes a d different from what is in the package.

Way different from TF generations I agree

I'm about to post Epilogue #2, but no one seems to have guessed it yet...

anyway, it'll be up soon... heh

bowspearer Guest

You bit the bullet and picked up Artfire, didn't you?

Quote Originally Posted by bowspearer View Post
    You bit the bullet and picked up Artfire, didn't you?
    heh, not really, though I would have loved to.

However, this guy is more significant than Artfire....

... this is #8 of 6 (?) or Epilogue #2...

Operation Combiner, TF-10: Battle Gaia MIB, unused

• This the final G1 combiner to make a clean sweep (I thought Dinoking was difficult, this guy was even harder to find).
    • This is arguably the final Decepticon in the Japanese exclusive line for G1.
    • Since its TF-10, the last TF in the Operation Combiner series, it is also arguably the last Transformer in the Japanese exclusive G1 line.
    • It is also the final Japanese exclusive TF that is missing from the collective collection thread.
    • It is, quite fittingly, the final chapter of this thread (sadly )

Side note: I have also addressed Botch's blog-post with this thread...

To me, as a repaint, Battle Gaia is superior to Guard City in many many ways (of course the Defensor mold is much nicer than the Bruticus mold, don't get me wrong). This repaint is better executed than Guard City I think.

I actually bought this from the same shop and at the same time I bought Guard City, heh. What a good day it was. Love it when these things comes in pairs (like when I bought Goodbye Convoy and Goodbye Megatron at the same time).

The demand and corresponding 2nd hand market value of this piece cannot be underestimated. It is far more expensive than Guard City. A set, not as good condition as mine, sold for US$1850 on eBay recently. Even loose Battle Gaias command up to US$1000 in normal instances.

For a mold that has a repaint in so many post G1 toylines, its quite confounding why this particular incarnation commands such stratospheric prices.

Be that as it may, here it is.... Battle Gaia!

The box art is magnificent

Great Cannon and Shuttle Gunner (flash fact: FansProject explorer was repainted into Shuttle Gunner as "Flameblast")

Target Hawk and Sandstorm (I really like this repaint of Brawl)

Leyland (flash fact: FansProject Munitioner was repainted into Leyland as "Warcry")

Back of box showing "free-combination" / Tech Specs (slightly smarter than Bruticus huh)

Inside package / paperworks and unused sticker sheet

Together with TF-04: Guard City

Of all the stunning pieces you have posted in this thread battle Gaia is the only one that in jealouse of. It's my personal grail and I've only ever seen 2 besides the one you posted above that I'd actually buy. The 2 I found, both on eBay I bidded on and lost and they were 4 years apart. Congratulations on your acquisition it's gorgeous
    Hunting:
    Beast Wars/Machines/Neo/Second

bowspearer Guest

Nice work, how much did it set you back?

Nice one HD, you truly are the king of the hunt.
    Though if I'm really honest (and this is just my opinion) it doesn't do as much for me as the others in this thread. Not a fan of the colours.
    Still, for such a rare toy (I didn't even know it exissted) it's an amazing find.

Amazing again HD! The bots look kind of naked though I don't think you'd be applying the stickers

How o you find such (seemingly) perfect toys and packaging of all these?