Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast

Thread: ... I would have waited an eternity for these...

Quote Originally Posted by gamblor916 View Post
    Sneaky Getting a shot of a dino cassette in there!
    Damn, it's been discovered

Quote Originally Posted by Skullcruncher View Post
    Thats one nice twincast.... oooo last photo very sweet indeed.... tell us more twincast is the last tapeplayer I need in takara boxes - he wasn't really on the want list but now he is!
    He wasn't on my list for yonks, but it being in Japanese box, man, it's just so awesome handling it... just feels good (unlike the eHobby reissue, which I also have).

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    It's been said before - I wish I had your pay packet HD (not your job though ).

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    Wow, simply wow!

Those are both extraordinary specimens HD, the boxart on both are marvellous and the condition of everything contained between those 2 is incredible - Congratulations and well done!

...But wait! - Yes!, you've found 1 of those bloody elusive Dinos - Woohoo!
    heehee.... will unveil that tonight... heehee

Yeah, I must admit that the biggest let down with reissue Twincast was the box. But I'm perfectly happy with the reissue toy itself and I'm personally not prepared to splash out just for the novelty of owning a box. (but maybe that's just me )

The G1 box does look waaaay better than the reissue's though. The really weird thing about the reissue box isn't just that it's one of the generic e-Hobby boxes, but also that it's a Decepticon box. Yeah, I get that it's because of Flipsides... but still. Meh.

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    I'd say it's not the original contents. So few MIB pieces actually are. Regardless, that's another fine specimen HD
    Looking at the pics there HD and I think that Soundwave there is the same as the Hasbro release because its the same style as mine. Apparently Hasbro had the separate buttons while Takara modified it with one solid piece and changed the hinges. I was wondering what the hell you guys were going on about with the hinge and the location of it but I now I do understand.

And HD, that question I was going to ask you before, I now remembered it and fond out what it was.

Also I found out that the Hasbro Soundwave I have is a pre-rub version which is a nice little find in itself. It can join the 2 pre-rub seekers that I have as well.

But anyway, very nice peices there HD. Glad to see you have joined the Takara Soundwave/Soundblaster and Blaster/Twincast owner club

Cant wait to see what other goodies you have but I think I can guess what ones you have

Valkyrie's SDF:
    Transformer grails: MIB Minerva(the dream is OVER!!!! ), MIB Kiss Player Atariscream, MIB Kiss Player Sparkabots, Kiss Player Manga.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Yeah, I must admit that the biggest let down with reissue Twincast was the box. But I'm perfectly happy with the reissue toy itself and I'm personally not prepared to splash out just for the novelty of owning a box. (but maybe that's just me )

The G1 box does look waaaay better than the reissue's though. The really weird thing about the reissue box isn't just that it's one of the generic e-Hobby boxes, but also that it's a Decepticon box. Yeah, I get that it's because of Flipsides... but still. Meh.
    Yes, the box was pretty disappointing. Makes me think they were getting really lazy at that point. If I'm not wrong RobotMasters TC and Skywarp uses the same box, so does Twincast and Magnificus.

Quote Originally Posted by valkyrie_76 View Post
    Looking at the pics there HD and I think that Soundwave there is the same as the Hasbro release because its the same style as mine. Apparently Hasbro had the separate buttons while Takara modified it with one solid piece and changed the hinges. I was wondering what the hell you guys were going on about with the hinge and the location of it but I now I do understand.
    Yup, if the Takara Soundwave actually came with the hinge outside, then this one that I have is definitely similar to the US release (which I prefer by the way).

And HD, that question I was going to ask you before, I now remembered it and fond out what it was.
    No, you can't have the blood of my first born, but ask anyways!

Also I found out that the Hasbro Soundwave I have is a pre-rub version which is a nice little find in itself. It can join the 2 pre-rub seekers that I have as well.
    The pre-rub is sweet, love the large Decepticon symbol on the chest. All my 1984 pieces are pre-rubs (and rubs as well), but for the Decepticons, I made it a point to get a set of pre-rubs. The pre-rub seekers are just so much sleeker than the subsequent releases (there are lots of differences, but I won't go into that here).

But anyway, very nice peices there HD. Glad to see you have joined the Takara Soundwave/Soundblaster and Blaster/Twincast owner club

Cant wait to see what other goodies you have but I think I can guess what ones you have
    Yah, part of the club! Who else is a member? I suspect Robwin1974 is. The man's collection is more powerful than he lets on, so don't be fooled and don't take him lightly!

Quote Originally Posted by heroic_decepticon View Post
    Yah, part of the club! Who else is a member? I suspect Robwin1974 is. The man's collection is more powerful than he lets on, so don't be fooled and don't take him lightly!
    Reminds me of someone else we know

Yup, if the Takara Soundwave actually came with the hinge outside, then this one that I have is definitely similar to the US release (which I prefer by the way).

The pre-rub is sweet, love the large Decepticon symbol on the chest. All my 1984 pieces are pre-rubs (and rubs as well), but for the Decepticons, I made it a point to get a set of pre-rubs. The pre-rub seekers are just so much sleeker than the subsequent releases (there are lots of differences, but I won't go into that here).
    Agree with you on that, the Hasbro version is better, especially the pre-rub version

No, you can't have the blood of my first born, but ask anyways!
    I remembered the question but I found the answer so its all good

Valkyrie's SDF:
    Transformer grails: MIB Minerva(the dream is OVER!!!! ), MIB Kiss Player Atariscream, MIB Kiss Player Sparkabots, Kiss Player Manga.

Strangely, this one comes with a upside down rub-sign, but a pre-rub Rumble
    Just wondering if you have checked behind Rumble? Because the rub sign is actually located behind him. I thought I had a pre-rub Rumble on mines as well but when I looked behind him I found his rub sign there.

Reminds me of someone else we know
    Our friend in Beijing?

Quote Originally Posted by heretic2010 View Post
    Just wondering if you have checked behind Rumble? Because the rub sign is actually located behind him. I thought I had a pre-rub Rumble on mines as well but when I looked behind him I found his rub sign there.
    You are right, I am a damn fool.

Check back in 10mins....

Default #3 of 6 - C-121: Gurafi / Graphy MIB

this is #3 of 6...

After searching for a long time. After a heartbreaking Osaka trip and not finding even one of them, here is one at long last... one of the 4 fabled "dino-cassettes" from 1987...

C-121: Gurafi (or Graphy)... love this little guy even though he is a little odd...

Yowza! That is a special acquisition. Did you get this at a relatively good price, considering there must be some current fear amongst Japanese cassette 'investors', with knockoffs just around the corner?

Thats Nice. Jealosy rising.
    What I wouldn't give...