View Poll Results: DA-15: Jetwing Prime Buy or no Buy?

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • Awesome. Must buy.

12 30.77%
  • Awesome but I can wait for a sale.

17 43.59%
  • Meh, only on sale.

3 7.69%
  • Too pricey, can't justify that price for a glorified jetpack

3 7.69%
  • Go-Bots still around?

4 10.26%
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Toy Review: DA-15 Jetwing Prime

I'm going to get him, I'm just thinking tho maybe I should get out some silver Gundam paint and at least turn his grey parts to silver like on my beloved ROTF Buster Prime.

Top review STL.

I wasnt' going to get this intially but he looks awesome and will be buying it, so more money to be spent

When you coming up to QLD to visit JayDisc and have a SE QLD meet? Box Hill is too far and too cold for me!
    I'm walking away from Transformers. Check out my sales thread

http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showth...089#post314089

Quote Originally Posted by Tallestblue View Post
    No Lights and Sounds? Hrrm. I realise some people hate that sort of action feature but this guy NEEDS to have Jet engine/Gun fire noises to be worth the $150 asking price.
    I can now confirm that the figure does have electronics. The sounds are the one's from Buster plus the transformation when unlock the lower part of the body. However, as hypothesised above, it does change the weight distribution and I have to say I prefer it without the batteries.

Quote Originally Posted by SharkyMcShark View Post
    Are the grey pieces on above the front windows (the one on the right hand side has an autobot logo) poseable like they are in the other releases of this mold? I've not seen pics that show either way.
    Yep, they do. It's just with the top part clamping down, it's hard to angle them and the top part that clamps down can come pop up if stuff like that gets in the way.

Quote Originally Posted by FFN View Post
    They also retooled the sides of his arms to feature the new two-pronged elbow guards (I don't know what else to call them). So essentially, he has entirely new lower arms.

STL, is there any indication as to what size class TakaraTomy refers to this as on the box?

It should be noted that this has been released almost a week before its official preview in Japan at a convention, and probably a month before the Japanese release date.
    "Supreme Class" on the side of the box. Instructions are also in english w/ explanations. I generally don't read instructions so only chanced on this and was very surprised to see it detailed and in English too. Takara / Hasbro AU outdid themselves in this respect. The Buster Prime mold can be a tough cookie to crack.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Ed View Post
    Top review STL.

I wasnt' going to get this intially but he looks awesome and will be buying it, so more money to be spent

When you coming up to QLD to visit JayDisc and have a SE QLD meet? Box Hill is too far and too cold for me!
    Melbourne is particularly cold this year. Very noticeably and that's for a beefcake like me!

I was up about 2 weeks ago actually but just wanted to R&R. Been quite intense on my end. I was planning on coming up around the time of the meet that Sleeve's proposing too but since I'm going to be up there around the 8th July, looks like I'll miss it given he's going away.

But I'm sure I'll be up at some point. Work takes me up to Brisbane once a month at least and we have a few big things going on up there so I'm up there a bit. Just no time for catch ups
    Collection Count (w/ a 12.42% upsize): 3053
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs
    Current Desires: Japanese BW Optimal Optimus
    The Holy Grail: Ultmetal Optimus Prime

Visit the Wonderful World of: The Iacon City Hub-Capital Collection

Any chance you can post a up close picture of the autobot logo on his torso please?

Truck mode reminds me of an X-Wing and I can't unsee it.

Is there any transforming that needs to be done on the wings or is it pretty much a big plastic accessory?
    "I am not a gun. I'm hitting people with a hammer. On Mars."
    The Iron Giant / David Wildgoose

Quote Originally Posted by Deonasis View Post
    Truck mode reminds me of an X-Wing and I can't unsee it.

Is there any transforming that needs to be done on the wings or is it pretty much a big plastic accessory?
    Nope, that jetpack is one piece. The wings can fold either direction but no transforming required.
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs

Hey STL, in case you didnt see in me first post, any way you can take a picture of the autobot logo and his new torso up close please?

Good review. I'm still undecided as to whether or not I wanna get this toy -- I'm still leaning toward waiting for Ultimate Prime cos I really want the trailer, and I don't like getting multiple versions of the same character (especially from the same moofie). But I might change my mind once I see the toy in front of me in store. But this review has certainly given me food for thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Ed View Post
    Not that hard to get to Box Hill once you're in Melbourne. Even without there's a tram line that runs straight there. Melbourne can get pretty cold though <shivers>

Quote Originally Posted by STL View Post
    Melbourne is particularly cold this year. Very noticeably and that's for a beefcake like me!
    lawl.

Even folks with "natural layers of insulation" like me feel cold in Melbourne. Actually, even Sydney's been feelin' rather cold for me, but I think that's cos I was holidaying overseas in 29-30 degree heat, then returned here at the end of Autumn... eep!

Quote Originally Posted by ssjautobot View Post
    Hey STL, in case you didnt see in me first post, any way you can take a picture of the autobot logo and his new torso up close please?
    Yep, I saw it but I'm at work right now and it's not with me so earliest I'd be able to take a pic is tonight when I get home hence why I replied to Deonasis but not yours. Am flying out later this morning so may be home late or not at all depending on how work goes so might not be a photo till tomorrow ngiht.

Quote Originally Posted by STL View Post
    Yep, I saw it but I'm at work right now and it's not with me so earliest I'd be able to take a pic is tonight when I get home hence why I replied to Deonasis but not yours. Am flying out later this morning so may be home late or not at all depending on how work goes so might not be a photo till tomorrow ngiht.
    Oh ok. I understand. Lol. Sorry. Until then, can you tell me if it's a red blob similar to the grill of the regular leader Optimus, or very detailed like the one of buster Optimus?