Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TF Animated Ep21 - Velocity

Pulse is offline Rank 1 - New or Inactive

Default TF Animated Ep21 - Velocity

This was so obviously a filler episode .

Honestly, what was the point of this episode? If that blue sportscar was supposed to be Blurr, how were you supposed to know? It seemed as though the BB Vs Blitzwing confrontation became the focus of the episode instead of the underground racing . Maybe I read it wrong...

This episode just didn't seem to be good enough (Was the symbol on the side of the satellite truck supposed to be a throwback to the Maximal Insignia?)

6 out of 10 (at best)
    Last edited by Pulse; 11th May 2008 at 02:08 PM. Reason: Predacon/Maximal - Doh!

Now you mention it, the race guy's insignia is very Maximal looking.
    I probably wouldn't have though it was Blurr though, if you hadn't mentioned it. Still not familiar with the vehicle mode, but I guess enough hints were thrown in that if it was a Transformer, it would probably be Blurr. Since there is a Voice actor for Blurr, it means we will see it again before the season ends.
    And it was more than just a filler episode, as it will make sense later having Blurr show up, plus, this was the episode we finally got rid of the confusion over Fanzone's car and Bumblebee (unless he gets another one exactly the same).
    And even if it was just a filler episode, who cares, when you get so much screen time and dialogue from the most interesting Decepticon we've had in years.

The quality of the episodes have indeed improved. Filler or not it was still decent enough to watch unlike most episodes of the first season.

One of the worst episodes so far, it had a darker feel that lack flow. The slapstick comedy wasnt funny, i personally dont like it when one of them has a punch line and the brief pause goes for too long or doesn't connect to the next sequence. The characters were fun in this episode tho.
    Wanted items:
    eHobby Orion Pax and Dion

goro is offline Rank 1 - New or Inactive

episode was ok... and yes that was a maximal signal on a g2 laser hero prime truck (fan wanks again.. lol)...

my only dissapointment was a lack of blurr bot.. although i did like the blurr 'antenna' they gave him in vehicle mode, which leads me to beleive the toy will have a simple transformation sequence similar to G1 blurr

A little to the left... a little bit more...

This episode was obviously laying down the foundations for a future episode... with Blurr! It was just a bit frustrating that it didn't really go anywhere (reminds me of the Maggie sub-plot in the Live action Movie )

Overall, not a very good episode IMO. But certainly not one of the worst!

I liked the episode, but it was so obviously filler that it kinda made me think the episode was more 'meh'.

Blitzwing was enjoyable and a good pick as a stand in singular villain after Lugnutz last week, but Fanzone was my pick of the episode, and Bulkhead being the more "grown up" of the "fun bots" was amusing, and I think it suited him too. He isnt the dumb large brute stereotype anymore.

Not the best episode, but still very good considering it was only filler.

Why Blurr did not transform I have no idea.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

MV75 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

I liked speed racer blurr.

There's potential for him to come back later once he's enjoyed his freedom some more and gotten over it. I do wonder if he was allspark shard created too, like the device was.
    ________
    Essential Vaaapp Vaporizer
    Last edited by MV75; 11th March 2011 at 09:22 AM.

Yep go Speedracer! Is there a Blurr toy announced?

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    The quality of the episodes have indeed improved. Filler or not it was still decent enough to watch unlike most episodes of the first season.
    I agree. I think it was enjoyable w/out being fantastic. The Blurr not appearing issue was probably it's biggest let down. Apart from that, I found myself enjoying it.

I liked the development w/ Bulkhead there. It gives a him a degree of grounding.

The Maximal sign seemed outta place though. I couldn't figure why it was on the bad guy's G2 truck.
    Collection Count (w/ a 12.42% upsize): 3053
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs
    Current Desires: Japanese BW Optimal Optimus
    The Holy Grail: Ultmetal Optimus Prime

Visit the Wonderful World of: The Iacon City Hub-Capital Collection