Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Encore Devastator

Quote Originally Posted by Zippo View Post
    Well this definatly gets two purchases from me, one for the sealed G1 collection and one to open and display (so I can also remove the Yellow G2 I have as a place holder)

Good news.
    you will need atleast 4 sets :P
    1: keep MISB
    2: Display as devestator
    3: display as individual robot forms
    4: display as vehicle modes.

i do think for it early release (and lack of articulation) the individual bots are very good compared to later gestalt team members.... and are worthy of being on show themselves..

providing it is cheap enough
    UP UP CRONULLA

Follow Me on:

Twitter - @Sharky_Wattsy

A little to the left... a little bit more...

Wicked news! I'm excited!! Already got an original, but I'll buy this for sure! It's great for people who don't have him...

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    So the eHobby version of Devastator: yellow or orange? Place your bets.
    Maybe it will be a Bayformer version, with giant enemy scrotum:/

There are photos up of the Takara display, including a Skywarp Deluxe movie repaint, but no sign of Encore Devastator :'(
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

That is just brilliant, this will be one case where I'll buy one in original colours as well as whatever e-Hobby produces, since Mixmaster and Scavenger were my equal first-ever Transformers.

Autobase Aichi has posted something that confirms Encore 20 Devastator, here:
    http://snakas.blog95.fc2.com/blog-entry-1869.html
    According to Autobase Aichi:
    + Will be available on Amazon Japan in July, and in retail stores from November.
    + RRP 10500JPY
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot
    The news has leaked out of a toy fair where photos probably aren't allowed or are still coming.
    Yeah, Autobase Aichi's blog also states "画像はありません。" - no images available

Quote Originally Posted by canofwhoopass_87 View Post
    The bastards have knocked the hell out of the G1 Constructicons and driven the price of *potential* vintage originals down to nothing. On top of that, the high quality giftset KO's have flooded the market and can be easily purchased for the meager price of $70-$80
    That's never affected me since I collected my Constructicons back in the 1980s -- but it has always annoyed me that Takara have been reluctant in reissuing Devastator because of the unfair competition from bootleggers.

Quote Originally Posted by canofwhoopass_87 View Post
    If this news is true, I can't see this reissue selling very well.
    Which is why Takara have been so reluctant in reissuing this toy for the past decade. I'm surprised that they've changed their mind about it... hope the risk works out for them; especially because for the past 10 years whenever I tell people the reason why Takara won't reissue Devastator, folks are like, "That's BS! Collectors would totally buy a legit reissue Devastator regardless of KOs!" -- so it feels like TOMY's really going out on a risky limb here... well, they can definitely count on my support.

Quote Originally Posted by kaiden
    i will probably pass on this since i never had it as a child and dont have the same kind of attachment to it.
    I can totally understand that. I'd feel the same if I were in your shoes.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharky View Post
    you will need atleast 4 sets :P
    1: keep MISB
    2: Display as devastator
    3: display as individual robot forms
    4: display as vehicle modes.
    Zippo's gonna need a 5th set - to display in attack vehicle modes! (^O^)

Quote Originally Posted by Sharky View Post
    i do think for it early release (and lack of articulation) the individual bots are very good compared to later gestalt team members.... and are worthy of being on show themselves..
    The main thing I don't like about Devastator compared to other G1 gestalts is the stability of the gestalt robot - or lack of. Also it's very dependent on kibble to form the robot mode too. A lot of other G1 gestalts aren't quite so kibble-dependent and don't fall apart so easily. But otherwise I think Devastator has a lot of winning points.

As you said, the individual robots are really good - each one with a distinctly unique design which made them better value for money. The Aerialbots are the least imaginative in terms of the individual designs of the limb robots -- all of them have the same basic core design and transformation scheme! They also don't have "blockhead" syndrome like the Scramble Gestalts do, but to be fair to the Scramble Gestalts, they do have the interchangeable limb gimmick which the Constructicons don't have.

And while I did criticise Devastator for being kibblicious, at least his feet are actually made up from Scrapper and Mixmaster, and not clip on pads that a lot of other G1 gestalts have. The Constructicons also have a uniform size (which other non-Scramble G1 gestalts have too) and the sculpting on them is really nice. While the gestalt mode has lots of kibble, it is rather nice looking kibble! IMO Devastator has one of the nicest head sculpts of the G1 gestalts.

Oooh... you know what? If TOMY reissues Devastator, the launcher springs will be strong! Encore Devastator will be able to shoot his fists and drills at some distance!! <schoolgirl.squeal>

Quote Originally Posted by Robzy View Post
    Maybe it will be a Bayformer version, with giant enemy scrotum:/

IMO the Diaclone colours of Devastator kinda resembles ROTF Devastator insofar as each Constructicon have different colours from each other instead of a uniform green or yellow. Perhaps some 3rd party manufacturer will make an add-on kit for his Nemesis Janglies(TM).

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Autobase Aichi has posted something that confirms Encore 20 Devastator, here:
    http://snakas.blog95.fc2.com/blog-entry-1869.html
    According to Autobase Aichi:
    + Will be available on Amazon Japan in July, and in retail stores from November.
    + RRP 10500JPY
    Your translation might be a bit off since Amazon's listing it for November 19

Quote Originally Posted by kurdt_the_goat View Post
    Your translation might be a bit off since Amazon's listing it for November 19
    Umm, dude...
    Quote Originally Posted by Autobase Aichi
    アマゾンJPに7月発売のTF商品と
    I was just translating what Autobase Aichi said -- not my fault if their info's inaccurate.

This is an insta-buy for me. I've been hoping for a reissue for a long time.

It's been front-paged on TFW now as well. I guess it is official. Happy days

I've already put the order in with the wife for xmas
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Umm, dude...

I was just translating what Autobase Aichi said -- not my fault if their info's inaccurate.
    No offense meant, but i don't think their info's wrong - isn't it saying that Amazon has updated with pics of *other* toys releasing in July, plus Devastator in November?