Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Verno's TM Megatron fixed

Quote Originally Posted by Quickstrike View Post
    Must of been amended?

Quote Originally Posted by Quickstrike View Post
    Read the toy entry for TM Megatron:

http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Megatron_%28BW%29/toys

The Hasbro release of this figure was in gold, dark brown, and silver. The Hasbro release is known for being remarkably fragile — the deep brown plastic used for Megatron's waist and torso is prone to eventual breakage due to stress fractures. This has often been mistaken for a form of Gold Plastic Syndrome, but is really more of a design flaw coupled with weak plastics. The Takara version, which used a different plastic, does not have this problem

Ok Kup, here's a challenge for you.

Is it possible?

I think that Megs is just one step too far gone, sadly.

TRANSFORMERS: DEICIDE -- The Beast Wars 20th Anniversary Comic Book series that could have been...
    TRANSFORMERS: UNITY -- the BotCon 2016 Comic Book that should have been...

Quote Originally Posted by Verno View Post
    Ok Kup, here's a challenge for you.

Is it possible?

I think that Megs is just one step too far gone, sadly.
    That TM Megatron has too many missing parts unfortunately. It would end up as a custom more than a fix unless I use another junker to acquire the missing parts.

I typically don't like to cannibalize parts from two toys to make one, but sometimes that's the only way. If I ended up with that toy in my hands, I would most likely need to do that but I would not call it too far gone as there is always a way.

It's a shame TM Megs is so injury prone. If the shoulder doesn't go, the hip joint will and he'll split in 2, like Jazz in the 1st movie

TRANSFORMERS: DEICIDE -- The Beast Wars 20th Anniversary Comic Book series that could have been...
    TRANSFORMERS: UNITY -- the BotCon 2016 Comic Book that should have been...

Kup, I think you should change your name to Ratchet because you are always fixing things lol

Well done kup, but i must say I really enjoy seeing Prime and Star Saber photobomb Megatron's photoshoot prime even transforms just for the heck of it hehehehe
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

I've always wanted a TM Megs. I've been looking out for a Japanese one but if he can be modified to not break a Hasbro one might be OK. If I got one that was mint or close to it how would I take the pressure off the joints so it never brakes?

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    I've always wanted a TM Megs. I've been looking out for a Japanese one but if he can be modified to not break a Hasbro one might be OK. If I got one that was mint or close to it how would I take the pressure off the joints so it never brakes?
    Never breaking is not something that anyone can guarantee - The toy still has Gold Plastic Syndrome. However as I mentioned, GPS can be managed so that you can still transform and pose the toy without straining the plastic. The stress of the shoulder metal pin is typically what breaks the toy due to the now inflexible plastic and this is what the modification prevents. To accomplish this you first need to remove the pin, make the mod and then re-insert it.

I would not recommend for anyone to remove pins on a non-broken TM Megatron. It is almost guaranteed to break upon pin removal as that requires some flexibility which the plastic is no longer able to sustain without cracking - At least using the conventional way..

However it can be done - But it may be more trouble than it's worth as you will need a soldering iron, pincers, face and hands protection and a very steady hold. The risk to yourself and the toy may not be worth the attempt.

I think that the best way to have a Hasbro TM Megatron which you can modify to play with, is to find a broken one that still comes with all the parts. That way, it's much easier to remove the pin (as the joint is most likely already broken) and then repair and modify the hinge.

My TM Megatron's shoulder hinge (same as Hursty and Verno) just disintergrated. What is the best way to repair it?