Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Verno's TM Megatron fixed

Quote Originally Posted by LordCyrusOmega View Post
    My TM Megatron's shoulder hinge (same as Hursty and Verno) just disintergrated. What is the best way to repair it?
    Depends on what you call 'disintegrated'. Do you have pics?

I'll find a camera and take some. It's basically the top loop that holds the pin and the length of plastic along it. I'll take some pics

Just looked at hursticon Pic on first page and it's the exact same break.

It's been a while so let me check the actual method I used on the Megatron I fixed from Verno and I will let you know.

From memory, I believe that I removed the pin, expanded the slot in which houses the pin so that it offers free movement on the hinge (without friction). Then I re-inserted the pin and glued the broken parts together.

There are more details on the first post of this thread.

Thanks. Going to have to at least try.
    What sort of glue is good to use? I've used super glue on some toys but it always turns the surrounding plastic white and crumbly.

All the more reason to do Masterpiece BW Figures! Let Takara give them a good crack!

TRANSFORMERS: DEICIDE -- The Beast Wars 20th Anniversary Comic Book series that could have been...
    TRANSFORMERS: UNITY -- the BotCon 2016 Comic Book that should have been...

Quote Originally Posted by LordCyrusOmega View Post
    Thanks. Going to have to at least try.
    What sort of glue is good to use? I've used super glue on some toys but it always turns the surrounding plastic white and crumbly.
    Ironically enough, the best glue for toys is the $2 ones from the Reject shop.

Just apply a bit on both ends and stick them together. Apply pressure for about 30s to a minute and let it dry for about 5-8 minutes. It should turn out pretty solid but make sure no glue ends up on the pin as that has to have free movement or the plastic will break.

I had a look at the Megatron I repaired. As mentioned, the pin moves without friction on the joint on the torso while moving with the 'shoulder blade' panel. The trick is that there should not be any friction on the pin at all.

Note that the pin should only move loosely with the 'shoulder blade' within the joint highlighted :