Page 53 of 55 FirstFirst ... 33434849505152535455 LastLast

Thread: Maketoys

I am not sure. I have emailed them but have yet to get a reply?
    Spiderken Away!

It will be interesting. I have it on preorder at BBTS and by the time it drops into my PoL I should already have a few things in it so shipping might not be that bad for me.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Kuma style has a video review on maketoys not computron if anyone's interested, comes in two parts, one for individual robots and one for the combiner mode:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9toFbOTag-Y

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9qRs9BGhtBI

Quote Originally Posted by spiderken17 View Post
    Chimungmung have Quantron on their site now. Would anyone be interested in doing a group buy to get the postage cost down?
    Did you manage to get a worthwhile enough discount for a group buy?

Not sure if shipping can come down much for a big and bullky item the size of Green Giant's box. I would assume any discounts will come from the toy's price (if we're lucky 10-15% for a lot of 10? MakeToys seems to operate similarly to FP in terms of tight margins to their resellers).

Secured my pre-order with BBTS, but will probably go with ActionRobo if Chimungmung can't do any better.

Quote Originally Posted by leej84 View Post
    Kuma style has a video review on maketoys not computron if anyone's interested, comes in two parts, one for individual robots and one for the combiner mode:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9toFbOTag-Y

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9qRs9BGhtBI
    Jump on this tonight. Does TJ actually transform the other 3 parts in this review?

変われ! ヘッドマスター! Kaware! Headmaster!
    戦え! ヘッドマスター! Tatakae! Headmaster!

Quote Originally Posted by SuspectimusPrime View Post
    Did you manage to get a worthwhile enough discount for a group buy?

Not sure if shipping can come down much for a big and bullky item the size of Green Giant's box. I would assume any discounts will come from the toy's price (if we're lucky 10-15% for a lot of 10? MakeToys seems to operate similarly to FP in terms of tight margins to their resellers).

Secured my pre-order with BBTS, but will probably go with ActionRobo if Chimungmung can't do any better.

Jump on this tonight. Does TJ actually transform the other 3 parts in this review?
    Lol I haven't had a spare 1hr to watch this yet

CoRDS is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

i got my giant today and the box isnt all that big. YOTH prime box is larger.

my goodness this thing is fantastic

A bit of a photo avalanche here:

Maketoys wins handsdown. This is a massive home run. Toy of the year for me. Computron was a childhood favourite and I always dreamed of a classics version but never would've imagined a version this awesome.

There's so much thought that's been put into these figures and aside from Nose Cone, it's a very smooth transformation as opposed to say FP's Menasor. Once you get your head around how all the figures work it's very easy to switch between modes and nowhere near as fiddly as FP's effort.

What impresses me is that each individual robot has AMAZING articulation and is completely different in form and play features yet Maketoys has pulled together a cohesive robot. MMCs Predaking looks amazing but unlike Computron its much easier to make a combiner from 5 beasts than 5 totally different vehicles. The engineering to make everything possible from the crossbow to the immaculate balance of the figure is wonderful.

Even the bottom of the feet have a bit of rubber to heap it stand better! That's the degree of thought put into this figure and I feel nothing but unadulterated affection for this figure.

Scattershot is a bit of a partsformer but I can see wh they did what they did. It would have been easy enough to make it a non-partsformer by connecting the crossbow part to the back permanently but instead they went the HARDER route and turn it into parts former. That's right. Harder route. Why? Because to make a crossbow that the figure could hold in combined mode and then also function as the cockpit of Scattorshot's jet mode is much harder. The design of that crossbow took lots of thought and went beyond being just a piece of back kibble to a play feature. That's not lazy partsforming, that's thoughtful partsforming.

I for one cannot wait for Guardia and will be picking up a few more spares of Quantron for sure. He's a gorgeous toy and not just in pictures. Once you play with it and get the details, you are just amazed by the incredible thought put into this.

Collection Count (w/ a 12.42% upsize): 3053
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs
    Current Desires: Japanese BW Optimal Optimus
    The Holy Grail: Ultmetal Optimus Prime

Visit the Wonderful World of: The Iacon City Hub-Capital Collection

Great photos, STL - I look forward to completing my not-Shattered-Glass version.

Far out he looks amazing.

I love the random transformers in the background. Good shot :P

Nice photo with Jetfire! I'm so keen for this set. Hurry up BBTS!
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain