View Poll Results: TF3 : DotM - worth watching?

Voters
114. You may not vote on this poll
  • excellent, must see

50 43.86%
  • good, see if you can

35 30.70%
  • average

22 19.30%
  • disappointing, avoid it

7 6.14%
Page 32 of 33 FirstFirst ... 122227282930313233 LastLast

Thread: Movie Review - Transformers 3 : Dark of the Moon (spoilers)

Decepticon Guest

Quote Originally Posted by MECHA MALAKA View Post
    not entirely or at least not with everyone, I don't like every Holden I see tho I am a Holden man . I myself feel a film is more about "what happens" and story and how well a story is told more than its specific "theme"
    your simplistic "I like Transformers and these are transformer movies so I like them bestest" rationale boggles my mind
    That's why your mind gets boggled!.... You are a Holden man. I admit, there are problems with the story line but it's more than just a story. Its also the visual presence that a movie can deliver. There are heaps of films made with a good story. Doesn't mean I like it though.
    I Like Transformer toys....... But doesn't mean I like EVERY TF toy.

Does Optimus Prime have something against the use of jetpacks? In ROTF he discards it after use and in DOTM it basically disappears as he flies into battle?

In ROTF he's basically wearing the skin of another Transformers, so unless he's Buffalo Bill-bot he'd probably want that corpse off him, in DotM it's basically a continuity issue. (in Transformers? NEVER! :P)

I thought that when he jets in and does that running slice and dice (as featured in the trailer) you could see the jetpack ejecting after he lands (which makes sense as it would get in the way during close combat melee fighting).

Default Thank you Mr Bay

I have to say I went to see it with my son about fortnight ago. I could moan and complain about the movie story line. I ask myself did i realy expect a good story line? No I didnt. I have got to the stage that im just happy that Michael bay has done what he has done and produced 3 great movies with some of the best computer generated formers ever. I actualy thought that DOTM had some realy good action scenes that i could easily follow this time round. As a transformer fan since the 80s I think Michael has done us proud. I will never forget in the original 2007 movie seeing optimus transform for the first time wow great stuff.

Watching it again. Did anyone else notice in the part when Sam is in the hanger, Just before Starscream blows up the Xanthium, that the ID tag on the jet is the same as Blackouts from the first movie? 4500X

Quote Originally Posted by LordCyrusOmega View Post
    Watching it again. Did anyone else notice in the part when Sam is in the hanger, Just before Starscream blows up the Xanthium, that the ID tag on the jet is the same as Blackouts from the first movie? 4500X
    Yeah, it's on Michael Bay's private jet too... apparently where the reference comes from.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Yeah, it's on Michael Bay's private jet too... apparently where the reference comes from.
    And here I was thinking I was being clever.

I rewatched this on Saturday (because apparently I now have a blu ray player).

It's still terribly paced. My folks watched bits of it with me and my dad ended up asking about an hour in "Why do we care about this kid and his job search?" (because all that had happened by that point was the Chernobyl thing with Shockwave).

And then my mum said "Why does Michael Bay have such good actors being absolute penises in this film?". Couldn't help but agree.
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

Quote Originally Posted by SharkyMcShark View Post
    I rewatched this on Saturday (because apparently I now have a blu ray player).

It's still terrible.
    Fixed.