Page 29 of 36 FirstFirst ... 9192425262728293031323334 ... LastLast

Thread: JULY Acquisitions

Hi

I just got home today from a month overseas and have picked up a few things - pics will follow over the weekend.

Started in Vancouver for a family wedding - managed to pick up a complete set of Animated keychains and a Takara Animated Megatron figure which doesnt transform.

We went to the Premium Outlets near Seattle and I stopped by a Walmart and picked up 2 x Bumblee/SOundwave/Rodimus Legion sets, Megatron Cybervese playset, Optimus Prime Cyberverse playset and Walmart Optimus Prime exclusive.

Next headed to New York - City and State (near Albany). I picked up the TRU Transcan Ironhide and Sideswipe - for USD 13 - worth picking up even though I wasnt overly keen on the series. I also picked up Kre-O sets of Sentinal Prime, Megatron, Starscream, Bumblee, SIdeswipe, and Ratchet from Walmart - could have gotten Optimus but was not sure if it had the right closed chest figure. I have yet to build the sets but I love the Kreons! I also went to a Target and picked up the Starscream Voyager exclusive and 2x Leadfoot legion/Ironhide (blue) - this means I have 4 so I will probably return the 2 I bought in Australia since these ones were much cheaper! Also picked up a cyberverse Optimus Prime with 3D glasses for USD 3 (on special)!

Then went to London - only picked up a MOSC Hurricane (1991) which I will probably open soon...

Then went to the Netherlands where I didnt find anything other than cheap star wars lego!

On the way back to SYdney, we went by Singapore so I checked every toy store at Changi airport since I read on TFW2005 that the Shockwave Cyberverse playset was released and you never know what will be released in Australia. I managed to pick up 2 x Shockwave Cyberverse playsets (couldnt find any more), a HA Dragstrip and Battlesteel OPtimus Prime Cyberverse Commander. The Shockwaves look pretty awesome. I also picked up some DOTM magnetic bookmarks and some DOTM paper clips plus other DOTM merchandise.

I got back to Sydney and had a few parcels to open....

I had the V-01 Video Collection set waiting

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...:X:RTQ:GB:1123

I got this mainly for the bio cards - I especially needed Go Shooter and have always been after Sixshot and Slugslinger - the rest are a bonus!

I also had a C-200 Lander arrive but there was a problem, the parcel was soaked with water - the box is a mess but the toy and paperworks were fine... I will have to email the seller and see what can be done. I assume it counts but it isnt MIB anymore....

I also had the Tigertracks WST arrive from heerotoys

I had G2 Boss, ehobby diaclone insecticons and some energon cubes from ebay (Gerrutcamo(?)).

The final item I bought was a personal treat for myself as a reward for a promotion to a senior role in my firm - probably my last big purchase for awhile.... AFA Artfire. I normally dont go for AFA items but Artfire has always been a "holy grail" and this was AFA 90. Although I have a MISB one which I am seriously tempted to open to play with! I have 7 AFA items now - Artfire, Slugslinger, 4 dinocassettes and Black Shadow - but I dont think I will go after any others.

Regards
    Robert

Quote Originally Posted by robwin1974 View Post
    awesome trip and purchases
    congrats on the promotion and all that spending power

those are really great purchases! and i personally recommend opening and playing with your toys -fun times

Decepticon Guest

Got Bumblespud from the Target sale. Also scored a leader Optimus for $15 at a garage sale.

Quote Originally Posted by robwin1974 View Post
    I also had a C-200 Lander arrive but there was a problem, the parcel was soaked with water - the box is a mess but the toy and paperworks were fine... I will have to email the seller and see what can be done. I assume it counts but it isnt MIB anymore....
    Ah man that's a bugger for you. That was such a nice pick up too which I think a few of us were looking at.

Valkyrie's SDF:
    Transformer grails: MIB Minerva(the dream is OVER!!!! ), MIB Kiss Player Atariscream, MIB Kiss Player Sparkabots, Kiss Player Manga.

Quote Originally Posted by rampagesss View Post
    Received the following

Revoltech Hot-Rod (will be keeping this one)
    Revoltech Optimus Prime
    Revoltech Ultra Magnus
    Revoltech Starscream
    Revoltech Megatron

More customs to come
    Evilbay from HK? I think I was looking at the same lot if that was the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    ...snip...

Hock-Damn that is one big haul - Well done Klystron on both Computron and Abominus as well dude, along with Torca and Air-Hammer!

LOL at stolen severed Bruticus foot!
    A great pic Klystron, Computron is the last main-line Scramble City US gestalt that I need and from the looks of his value it'll remain that way for some time.

...snip...

And also, courtesy of my Brother on his recent Las Vegas trip - A customised Transformers Cap:
    Thanks Hursticon. I'm really happy with my SC gestalts.
    I was pleastantly surprised by Abommy when I first assembled him - whilst I'm a big fan of HunGrrr, the limb Terrorcons really are terrible figures and I have no love for them (which is why I acquired cheap incomplete versions, basically as accessories for HunGrrr), yet Abominus is looks very good. He really is more than the sum of his parts.
    And Computron is pure awesomesauce.
    Knowing my luck, they'll reissue him now for $89.99

Oh, very cool hat too. (coughOTCAgroupordercough)
    TF Figs of 2023:
    1) WnR Springer
    2) Legacy Bludgeon
    3) Legacy Leo Prime/Nemesis Leo Prime.

Minty and complete, with box (not shown because I wanted a nice pic).

Quote Originally Posted by gamblor916 View Post
    Minty and complete, with box (not shown because I wanted a nice pic).

Snip
    Just look at that chrome!

TRANSFORMERS: DEICIDE -- The Beast Wars 20th Anniversary Comic Book series that could have been...
    TRANSFORMERS: UNITY -- the BotCon 2016 Comic Book that should have been...

didn't expect to pick this up today, was at woolly's at st mary's and found this to go with my boy's others.

the torture of others sparks is music to my sensors!!!

Managed to pick up a WFC Cliffjumper....it was such a random find amongst a pile of DOTM stuff.....